best settings for utorrent

suyash

Hi everyone

I recently switched over from my past connection of 256 kbps to 512 kbps (connections r still slow here)

Earlier when i used azureus on 256 kbps when my upload speed was 70 kbps I used to set my options as follows:

Transfer settings:1 Max upload speed : 8kB

2 Max download speed : obviously zero so as to get max

3 Global max connections : 90

4 connections per torrent : 50

5 upload slots : 1

Queue setings : 6 max no of torrents active : 1

7 max active downloads : 1

these settings I had set after much seeking help from azureus IRC and various forums and helps etc

the settings which azureus provided (lobbybot) or something just didnt work up

Now I've switched over to a faster connection of 512 kbps (with upload speed of 150 kbps 80 % of which is 15 kB which shud be set the global max upload speed if I am right0

But in utorrent the speed guide provided me with some really confusing settings as follows

(refer the no code above)

1> 47kBps 3>250 4>90

upload solts >4

queue options dont matter bcoz i keep only one torrent active at a time

what i find ridiculous is for a 512 kbps conection whose 80 % upload speed is 15 kBps how can I raise it to 47 kBps

still when I tries to get settings thru azureus again for this speed (512 kbps)

iget the following results which r quite diff:

1>14 kBps 3>104 4>104

upload slots >3

so which settings should i use for getting the max download speeds

right now after some experimentation I ve found that these settings r giving me some satisfactory results:

1>20 kB 3>100 4>100

upload slots >3

Please help me for getting the best settings for my internet connections

I tried to search thru these forums but I couldnt get a giude for connection settings for various settings

also i wud be thankful if u give me some link that provides some info abt these settings for utorrents (like azureus provides in its faq on wikipedia)

So in short I will be really pleased if u help me in the foll problems?

1> Please recommend me the best settings for my connection where my max upload speed is 150 kbps

2>I get a green signal and there is no NAT prob so shud I enable DHT?

I would be greatful if someone helps me

what I want basically ask is is what is the best settings for an upspeed of 150 kbit/sec?

plz anyone help me

u will know abt my desperateness if u sat upon a full day and a half just to download a 3 gb file

its that slow so plzzzzzzzz

@suyash

"I recently switched over from my past connection of 256 kbps to 512 kbps[...]"

and

"[...]my desperateness if u sat upon a full day and a half just to download a 3 gb file

its that slow[...]"

3 GB = 3221225472 B = 25769803776 bytes

25769803776 / (512kb/s) = 49152 seconds = 13 h and something.

And this is just the theorethical time that is minimum needed if we asume (and i hopehully made no calc error) that every single bit of your conection speed is used just for the transportation of the content and no other things like protokolloverhead and that you always have a conection to a peer that maxes out your DL speed!. this is practicaly not the case.

But as Firon already have statet: you didn't even read what he has said.

Don't complain bout the time a 3 gig file needed. it is fairly normal with just a low DL speed and the plain technical details how BT works.

This is not a DL from a backbone conected highspeed FTPserver. and even there you see it will take more than 13 hours for that amount of data

@suyash

you didnt read the speed guide, as firon said u are to select ur Upload speed in it, not the download speed, the closest to yours is the xx/128k setting, but u should better make it manually, set upload slots 3, upload limit 13 or 14 (u can go higher without killing ur download go for it), connections per-torrent 55, connections global 90, but that would be the setting s i would use anyway, u decide for urself :P

and anyway, its very uncommon to have ur max speed over bittorrent, some people seem to believe they're lucky having speeds of over 30kB/s on a 512kbps line :P

and anyway, its very uncommon to have ur max speed over bittorrent, some people seem to believe they're lucky having speeds of over 30kB/s on a 512kbps line :P

but this is absolutly dependent what torrent you are on!

If you are DL something popular that is shared by the fellow sweds you will in nearly every case get a max out of your DL speed.

what I want basically ask is is what is the best settings for an upspeed of 150 kbit/sec?

plz anyone help me

u will know abt my desperateness if u sat upon a full day and a half just to download a 3 gb file

its that slow so plzzzzzzzz

La di frickin da. Atm it's taken me over a week to dl a 4.2GB file. It's still going, 97% atm. If you are getting 15k+, be happy.

• 4 years later...

@suyash... did you solve your problem with download speed? I have a download speed of 524 kpbs (64 kB/s) and upload of 216 kpbs (26 kB/s). What do you recomend is the best settings to have max download and upload speeds?

Did you make any changes to your Half-open limit in Windows XP sp3? What about the advance settings in utorrent? Can you please share your info. I am stuck at downloading using utorrent at avg 27 KB/s, when normally i download directly from the internet at 63 kB/s.

Archived