My findings so far...

1c3d0g

...I just had to get this out of the way. Forgive me, if this was already common knowledge. I'm only trying to help. ;)

First my specs, in case you need them:

Intel P4C 2.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT with Forceware 84.21 WHQL @ 1920x1200, XP SP2 (latest updates). ClamWin AV, no firewalls, green light, seeding only (for now), ADSL 640 kb/s down, 128 kb/s up. Build 438 and 0.101. :)

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.050928-1517:

* splash screen does not show up. :(

* when going to preferences, the Appearance tab text simply disappears when selected.

* if a column is resized too far to the left, when you bring it back to the correct size and try to click, a "MSG: Unknown runtime error LN: 904" error message appears.

* search box is completely broken, IE spits out an "MSG: Class not registered LN: 1227" error message. Freaky.

* right-clicking on a torrent to either pause or stop it causes the UI to freeze up - nothing gets updated. Only a refresh brings back the UI. In addition, it seems the pause/stop buttons do not work (whether that is due to the freeze or a glitch with the menu itself is up for debate). :|

* the "layout" of the Web UI doesn't extend all the way to the bottom...not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

Firefox 1.5.0.1:

* when resizing the column, Firefox does not respect the "longest row rule", meaning that I can overlap words with the column if I'm not careful. :|

Opera Build 8333:

* torrents cannot be selected and highlighted. :(

* torrents cannot be right-clicked on to start/pause/stop etc.

* In the Preferences menu, drop-down boxes do not show up (probably an Opera-only bug, due to lack of extensive JavaScript support by this browser).

General (reproducible on all 3 browsers):

* accessing the torrent properties followed by clicking on the Files tab results in a complete UI freeze! The torrent properties window can be closed, but nothing is updated anymore (upload/download speeds etc.). It's only fixable by refreshing the page.

* in torrent properties, the following do not show anything for me (no values at all, when I'm 100% sure there's supposed to be something shown):

Seeds:

Peers:

Tracker URL:

Tracker Status:

Update In:

DHT Status:

General

Save As:

Total Size:

Created On:

Comment:

That's all the bugs I could see at a glance. There's probably a lot more out there, but this is a start. :)

Some nice bug reporting there :P

I havn't got IE 6 so unable to verify the bugs you posted for that browser.

A couple of notes:

The firefox bug about the colums being able to be resized to small that text that's in some of the columns rows; I'd say this probably isn't a bug, if you were using a really small resolution and had one torrent with a rather long name, you may find yourself unable to vew the end columns if you were unable to resize the name column?

* accessing the torrent properties followed by clicking on the Files tab results in a complete UI freeze! The torrent properties window can be closed, but nothing is updated anymore (upload/download speeds etc.). It's only fixable by refreshing the page.

This doesn't happen with me, and I havn't heard of it happening to anybody else so I'm not sure about this one

The other general bug about all those torrent properties not being shown yet, support for that information hasn't been added yet to the .exe I believe, but you never knew that :P

I'd suggest you post them over at the bug tracker though.

Bug Tracker

The firefox bug about the colums being able to be resized to small that text that's in some of the columns rows; I'd say this probably isn't a bug, if you were using a really small resolution and had one torrent with a rather long name, you may find yourself unable to vew the end columns if you were unable to resize the name column?

Indeed. IE 6 doesn't allow resizing the column past the "longest row", so I guess if the torrent name was long enough, it *could* fall out of view, OR horizontal scrollbars would appear at the bottom. I haven't had a torrent name that long though (and it'll take a REALLY long torrent name for that to happen, since my width is 1920 px), so I'm not sure what the behaviour would be... :|

This doesn't happen with me, and I havn't heard of it happening to anybody else so I'm not sure about this on

Hmm... very interesting. Might be just my crappy PC. I'll keep checking it either way. ;)

The other general bug about all those torrent properties not being shown yet, support for that information hasn't been added yet to the .exe I believe, but you never knew that :P

I'd suggest you post them over at the bug tracker though.

Ahh...OK. My bad! :P

I don't have an UI freeze but the update doesn't work anymore. Have to do a reload for it to work.

Archived