[1.1.5] Multi-tracker torrent with dead tracker(s)

OCedHrt

With multi-tracker torrents, uTorrent seems to try to connect to all trackers in round-robbin fashion. As soon as it succeeds in connecting to one, the torrent starts. It still keeps trying to connect to the unreachable trackers, including scheduling retries. You can see this as the display updates each second. The tracker part of the screen changes on each update to the next tracker on the list. It goes from "working" to "hostname not found", etc. Each tracker seems to have its own scheduled update time. This looks like it is doing exactly the right thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered this problem just now with the laters uTorrent (1.1.7.2). Might have been an isolated incident but thought I'd post anyway.

If I'm allowed to mention the name of torrent, it was the second episode of Soltyrei by Shinsen-subs.

The first tracker in the list stated that the download was not authorized by the tracker and uTorrent didn't seem to get past that, and just tried to update the first tracker - I removed it from the properties and all worked well after that.

Then again, perhaps uTorrent DID work but I didn't wait long enough for it to try again, I did try updating the tracker manually put that didn't work.

PS. Great piece of software :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived