Problem connecting to beta testing channel

DonGato

I entered when I was directed the first time but a day after I tried to enter again and couldn't. I waited for another day to see if it was a network problem but I still can't join the channel.

I have a registered nick and it's the same as here. I'm connecting from the same IP I conneected before. :(

The error message is: #[channel name] unable to join channel (address is banned)

Any help?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Firon... if you read my first post you will know that I was already allowed to access the channel before. But someone must have forgotten to update the access list after implemented or to save the update with my allowed access back then.

1c3d0g: for X-Chat I imagine the best way to do it would be to add the invite command to the server's post-CONNECT commands field and then manually join the channel. I don't know how fast the response time is; you could try putty #utorrent-webui in the automatically joined channels if you think chanserv will respond quickly enough.

Alternatly you can install Active(Perl|Python|Ruby|Tcl) and associated plugin and script it.

Archived