Pause not working utorrent 25460

Mac-the-Knife

I tried to pause a torrent that had finished downloading but was still uploading, unfortunately it still continued to upload. Am using uTorrent 3.0 32bit version 25460 on Windows xp 32 bit with service pack 3, comodo firewall and avast antivirus. Ended up having to choose stop instead. Not really much of a problem, but if pause isn't working properly then why not just remove the option and just have stop and start in the list.

I wouldn't have said it was that old. As far as I'm aware the only ones after this are a 3.1 and then a beta version of uTorrent. I haven't downloaded the 3.1 as, from what I have read on the forums, there appears to be a few issues with it and therefore prefer to wait until the beta is tested. Can anyone confirm whether the 3.1 pauses torrents correctly, as if it doesn't then I will continue to wait for the next version of uTorrent as I haven't had any problems apart from this minor one.

Thanks

Hi Rafi, realise a couple more have come out since the version I'm using, but the 3.1 series seem to have quite a few issues that need sorting, that leaves the 3.2 beta that's out, which also appears to have a few issues, so think I'll hang fire for a while as the issue I have with this version is only minor. Also hoping uTorrent might bring out a version before long that allows people to view Magnet link files before they are loaded into the program. It seems at present that uTorrent are updating the program very regularly due to various issues, so probably worth the wait until a newer version starts getting rave reviews, which doesn't appear to be the case at present. But thanks for your help.

Also hoping uTorrent might bring out a version before long that allows people to view Magnet link files before they are loaded into the program.

I have some good news for you:

-- 2012-04-23: Version 3.2 beta (build 27097)

- Feature: Magnet link preload in "Add torrent" dialog

And it even works... :)

Have just updated to the 3.2 27138 32bit beta version and indeed I can select the files before downloading. Unsure if this is the latest I can get, but it's the one that came up to update to in uTorrent, so am assuming it is. It seems uTorrent are releasing versions like crazy at the moment and so will see how this performs and keep my eyes open for the changelog in the next version.

Many thanks Rafi.

Archived