uts build 27206, strings untranslated, wtf?

gymka

A lot of strings which in 26837 was translated in build 27206 become untranslated and has English value, why? it's only in Lithuanian translation?

examples:

source: "Name:" translation: "Pavadinimas:" translation became "Name:"

source: "Comment:" translation: "Komentaras:" translation became "Comment:"

source: "Size:" translation: "Dydis:" translation became "Size:"

source: "Date:" translation: "Data:" translation became "Date:"

in total 200+ strings needs to be translated, but bigger part of them already was translated. i'm not talking about strings which changed, i' m talking about strings which are same but become untranslated.

EDIT: uploaded old 26837 translation, now only 11 strings are not translated. wtf? you merged 27206 with old translation, not with previous?

The current translation system works based off the identifier. So if the identifier changes, the translation is lost.

A new translation system is in progress (currently QAing it) that solves this issue and is hash-based instead.

another issue: i can't translate string "ffmpeg Process aborted with error %d. Unknown error\\nMore information may be found in the transcript log at %%appdata%%\\%S\\media" neither online, neither when uploading. if on uts i copy and paste original string i'm getting error:

String "ffmpeg Process aborted with error %d. Unknown error\nMore information may be found in the transcript log at %%appdata%%\\%S\\media" has invalid % variables. Please verify it with the original string

@all with this issue:

You can download the translation for build 26837 from uTS, and later upload this file to uTS again as new textfile for the build 27206. So only some text is new to translate.

As Firon wrote, such issues exist long time and are hopefully solved with the new uTS.

Yes, every time I start a new translation in uTS I download the previous translation and upload the same file to auto retranslate some strings.

And also I have the error "has invalid % variables" in string. I think that this can be or an error in source string or maybe an invalid error in uTS check mechanism...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived