Magnet links

Corey

Hi,

when µTorrent asked me today if I wanted to upgrade to the latest version (3.1.3), it mentioned a better handling of magnet links. I assumed it meant that this "problem" was fixed but it's still not and I can't figure out in which way the handling of magnet links has been improved because I can't see any differences with the previous version ?

It is available in the 3.2 beta versions. I didn't touch the 3.1 series as there appeared to be a lot of problems with it according to the forum. But I have downloaded the beta versions and they appear to be o.k. They've cured some of the major issues reported in the 3.1 series and are working on others. There have been quite a few 3.2 versions come out in the last couple of weeks. I'm not normally one for downloading beta versions, but the fact I could choose which files I wanted to download was the deciding factor and I don't regret it for one moment.

You decided me Mac-the-Knife, I never download beta versions but indeed it appears to be fixed in the 3.2 beta. The inability to select what I wanted in a magnet link was driving me insane so I guess I'll stick with it, at least until the next 3.2 stable version.

Thank you both for the advice !

Archived