Utorrent Magnet Issues

Tozzy

Hi firstly i need to inform you that utorrent crashes when downloading magnets, they import fine but when i start a few of them and they "check" themselves torrent 90% oif the time crashes and i have to resort to starting one or two at a time this is not feasible since i have almost 1000 magnets to "convert" into torrents. Please advise on what to do. One solution i would love is if there is a way to export the magnet files i have in torrent into .torrent files? then i can import a few dozen at a time?

The other issue with magnets is that they create multiple .torrent files; i can have up to five torrent files all for the same torrent. Any ways to resolve this?

I am using windows 7 64, all up to date and this issue with utotrrent has been on many versions including the latest one which i am using now. Thanks

Might be worth trying the new 3.2 beta test version. They specifically want people to try it out on large torrents.

It wasn't large torrents, just a lot of them starting at once.

I just started 4 4gb ones (posted in the beta thread) and spotted a bug, and just started a 71gb torrent, and no problems

It was a factor of handling 8+ magnet links in quick successon, literally clicking a few magnets one after another in quick succession, before going to the utorrent window and starting them. batches of 4-5 were ok, but 8-10 is where it crashed. I don't think the new magnet handling system could deal with that many appearing at once.

Is it a crash or a hang? There's a really big difference between the two.

Hang, I guess, with the screen flickering/flashing/update corruption.

one time, the torrents were listed in the label 'hidden' as well (and I don't use labels)

1) firstly would upgrading bring with it all my magnets; i have hundreds which i don't want to loose

2) Any way to batch convert IMPORTED magnets into torrent files which i can add later as and when i need them

3) Are these crashes hardware related; i am using a 7200rpm drive is this fast enough; or if i am getting a lot of downloads should i use raid?

ktetch i have a semi solution for the magnets crashing; if you enable the scedular and make sure it is at the off time; then force start the magnets they will be converted into torrents but then they will stop thus they wont crash; so a few hours later a bulk of magnets would be converted into torrents which you can download without any crashses

Why do you have hundreds of magnets?

Where are you storing them?

Why haven't you loaded the magnet links into uTorrent. That will go out and find, then download the torrent file into uTorrent.

Maybe this will work for you.

http://magnet2torrent.me/

Magnet links are just that. Links. They can be saved in a text file, then copied and pasted into uTorrent as you need them. Just save the text file.

I hope I understood your questions, and hope you answer mine. Don't know why you are doing things differently than any other user.

Hi sorry for not posting.sooner I have so many magnets since i heard a certain site would be getting blocked from my isp so i wanted to stock up

I don't know where they arte stored; i click download magnet in mozzila and it imports them but the magnets are not in the folder whewre i store the torretns in

"Why haven't you loaded the magnet links into uTorrent. That will go out and find, then download the torrent file into uTorrent" By this i presume you mean started the magnets? If so this is the problem; utorrent crashes when i start more than a few magnets

Because i have so many and they crash often i want to batch convert or export the magnets i have in utorrent into .torrent files; any idea how to do that? Sorry again for not replying i have had other things on my mind

Hi sorry for not posting.sooner I have so many magnets since i heard a certain site would be getting blocked from my isp so i wanted to stock up

I don't know where they arte stored; i click download magnet in mozzila and it imports them but the magnets are not in the folder whewre i store the torretns in

"Why haven't you loaded the magnet links into uTorrent. That will go out and find, then download the torrent file into uTorrent" By this i presume you mean started the magnets? If so this is the problem; utorrent crashes when i start more than a few magnets

Because i have so many and they crash often i want to batch convert or export the magnets i have in utorrent into .torrent files; any idea how to do that? Sorry again for not replying i have had other things on my mind

By mozilla you mean Firefox, or SeaMonkey?

Sorry to hear you don't know where it imports the magnet link when you click on it. Does uTorrent open when you click a magnet link? You can check how magnet links are handled by your browser, by checking your file associations setting.

If you want to save the magnet links, you can open a blank text file, right click on the magnet link, Copy Link Location, give it a descriptive name, paste link into the text file, repeat until you have all the magnet links saved, and save the text file with a descriptive name.

Example:

openSUSE 12.1 Linux Operating system

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9EBEBE755728C1664D136BFF4F17CB4983616332&dn=openSUSE-12.1-DVD-x86_64.iso&tr=http%3a//tracker.opensuse.org%3a6969/announce

To convert the magnets use the link I provided in my other reply.

Sorry I can't help with the crashing. Try using the beta version.

Archived