utorrent Takes a Few Minutes To Startup and Load Torrent File

SwampFox

Recently, utorrent has been taking upwards of five minutes to both startup and load the torrent into the program. After it is loaded in, the download proceeds and finishes as usual. I am just wondering if there is any reason for this unusually long time it takes for the program to start and load in torrent files. Previously, I would click the button to download the torrent, click open, and then it would instantly appear in utorrent. I have not had this problem with any other programs on my computer and I simply wish it would return to normal loading speed. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Any suggestions?

Wondering what version of utorrent you are using. If it's the 3.1.3 version then I would suggest trying the latest 3.2 beta version as the stable 3.1.3 version has some major issues that the 3.2 has sorted. You also don't make clear whether you are loading the torrent from a torrent link or a magnet link.

Wondering what version of utorrent you are using. If it's the 3.1.3 version then I would suggest trying the latest 3.2 beta version as the stable 3.1.3 version has some major issues that the 3.2 has sorted. You also don't make clear whether you are loading the torrent from a torrent link or a magnet link.

I am using 3.1.3. I load from both magnet and torrent links. I will try switching to the 3.2 beta, but I must ask, will the torrents that I am seeding disappear after I uninstall and update?

Archived