Odd seeder...

Luisppk

I'm downloading some files in utorrent 3.2 and when I start it, there are already some people doing the same.

I thought it was odd that at that moment all of them were 62.8% and only one at 100%.

After a while, me too finally get to that top. It means 62.8%, but I find something strange... the 100% seeder didn't seed at all, despite the fact that its health shows full files.

Just in case... I left it overnight.

Today morning I find this...

ibtDrLkgBntGq4.JPG

We all get from 62.8% to 64.4% and it stopped there.

From time to time, one of the leechers go up some little amount, and after that we all did the same because of it, but the main seeder, the one with the 100%, doesn't seed at all in any moment.

Is that odd or what?

Is there anything we can do to solve this?

L.

FLAGS

D = Currently downloading (interested and not choked)

d = Your client wants to download, but peer doesn't want to send (interested and choked)

U = Currently uploading (interested and not choked)

u = Peer wants your client to upload, but your client doesn't want to (interested and choked)

O = Optimistic unchoke

S = Peer is snubbed

I = Peer is an incoming connection

K = Peer is unchoking your client, but your client is not interested

? = Your client unchoked the peer but the peer is not interested

X = Peer was included in peerlists obtained through Peer Exchange (PEX) or an IPv6 peer told you its IPv4 address.

H = Peer was obtained through DHT.

E = Peer is using Protocol Encryption (all traffic)

e = Peer is using Protocol Encryption (handshake)

P = Peer is using uTorrent uTP

L = Peer is local (discovered through network broadcast, or in reserved local IP ranges)

Ok, the flags shown in the 100% seeder are: d HXP

So...

d = Your client wants to download, but peer doesn't want to send (interested and choked)

H = Peer was obtained through DHT.

X = Peer was included in peerlists obtained through Peer Exchange (PEX) or an IPv6 peer told you its IPv4 address.

P = Peer is using uTorrent uTP

Now... How do I solve this?

Ok! So which bit of

but peer doesn't want to send

is unclear?

But if you need a fuller explanation of 'choked' see http://www.vladd44.com/torrent/terms.php (scroll about 2/3 down the document.

OR if you want to read up on the protocol and 'Chocking'

Now... How do I solve this?
YOU don't, it is up to the peer client when it starts to send data.

Ok... let's go straight to the point...

Are you saying the one with the 100% and the 'd' in the flag list, is incapable of seeding properly?

If it is so... I wanna know one last thing...

If he is not gonna seed properly... why on earth keeps day after day, 24/7 with the pc working? (Guy is in Japan)

If you wanna see by yourself, here it is: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=320477

Yes and no, it does not mean it is incapable of seeding "properly", it's simply that it doesn't want to seed those particular pieces to your client. It may be because all the upload slots on that client are full and the file(s) you are after is a low priority.

Why not keep your machine on 24/7 so it can grab a slot should one become available.

Archived