uTorrent caching problems on Win8

kilara

I am using latest uTorrent from the beta channel on win8 Pro RTM and there is serius bug with caching.For some reason uTorrent writes to the disk so rarely that it is filling my cache fast which leads to disk overload and my download speeds drop.I tried enable/disable pre-allocation of files,enable/disable write finished pieces immediately to disk option and also tried enable/disable the use of sparse files.Nothing helps.uTorrent just keeps using my cache heavily until its full no matter what size i set for it.There are no such problems on my Win7.Need help asap.

For some reason now the sparse files option started working.But still the problem is that with sparse files my HDD space is taken while im downloading and depends on how much i have downloaded from that torrent instead of the preallocate option where all the space required for all the files i selected for the torrent is taken.But with preallocate enabled(or with no preallocate and with no sparse files either) the space is taken immediately,but then in my resource monitor i see that i have an HDD transfer rate of 30 - 40+MB/s going on and my cache is starting to fill with crazy speed and when its filled i get disk overload and my DL speed drops.The weird thing is that i use preallocate option and never even touched the sparse files preff(which is off by default) on my Win7 and i see no such behavior there.So is this behavior on Win8 with preallocate normal or there is something wrong here?

Archived