'Tracker Sending Invalid Data' - Utorrent 3.2.1

ashwin.terminator

I recently hopped on to Windows 8 Professional through the Dreamspark Premium channel. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself except for one simple problem. Every private tracker I use on uTorrent gives me one simple error - 'Tracker Sending Invalid Data'. I tried with Vuze, but similar results. I disabled Windows Firewall, no difference. I installed Avast Free and Comodo Free Firewall after that which is the exact same config I used on Windows 7 Ultimate before I made the switch. But to no avail, it's the exact same thing. Surprisingly, public trackers work just fine! I googled around but am unable to find a suitable solution. Hence, here I am, asking for your assistance on the matter.

Could someone please tell me how this error can be made to vamoosh? :)

Still something on your machine or something on the sites you're using. It's not uTorrent.

Proxy settings, Internet provider or internet security software are likely to blame.

Well, that sounds appropriate enough. :)

Any idea what settings I should look out for? Never really knew private trackers have a different approach to them. :o

A tracker, is a tracker, is a tracker, there are no technical differences between a "private" or a "public"

It may be that the tracker is sending "invalid data" because the torrent you are trying to use has been "leaked".

Are you a registered member of the site that the tracker is run by?

Confirmed. Two days ago I started getting "Tracker is sending invalid data: ." on a tracker. All others trackers worked just well, but one failed. I start checking everything in my pc and finally found that Network Shield from Avast Antivirus was the one creating me this issues.

Excellent, a clear definite answer to hours of trying to work out an extremely annoying and restrictive problem ......... only thing now is if there is a solution, its obviously a useful added protection to have this network shield but is there some way to have it active AND still get private trackers working?? Done a bit of googling and doesn't seem possible but maybe someone clever here can see a way?

(be interesting to know - and might help solve it - what caused this sudden change, was that it related to upgrading to Win 8 pro or just coincidence??)

Excellent, a clear definite answer to hours of trying to work out an extremely annoying and restrictive problem ......... only thing now is if there is a solution, its obviously a useful added protection to have this network shield but is there some way to have it active AND still get private trackers working?? Done a bit of googling and doesn't seem possible but maybe someone clever here can see a way?

(be interesting to know - and might help solve it - what caused this sudden change, was that it related to upgrading to Win 8 pro or just coincidence??)

The funny thing being, Avast's Network Shield Log doesn't show that any connections were blocked! 0 connections were blocked out of the 27000 connections that it scanned.

Archived