Torrent won't show on torrents list

Cuorion

Some minutes ago, I found a torrent I'd like to download on the web (http://yify-torrents.com/movie/Scarface_1983_1080p, if it's of any use). Clicked the magnet link as always and when the information screen came up, an "update available" notice followed. I accepted the update notice (updated uTorrent to 2.3.2 - build 28705) and when the update was complete, I tried to reload the torrent. The message that follows reads "The torrent you are trying to load already exists. Do you wish to load the trackers of this torrent?", or something similar, can't know the exact english message since mine is in greek. What I see now on the torrents list is something like this:

utor_zps68a2de20.jpg

Notice the red boxes. The left menu states there's only 1 torrent active, but that torrent on the list has the number 2 in front of it and can actually be moved "up" or "down". The question is, how can I make the "Scarface" torrent to show (the one not there), or how can I "delete" it so I could properly reload it?

Thanks in advance.

done that still no joy.... when i download a torrent utorrent automatically opens but i get no pop up box asking me which files i want & where i want them. ive never had a problem with utorrent in the 6 years ive been using it and now as soon as i update to V. 3.2.3 B. 28705 ive been unable to download anything

Sidebar -> Labels -> Hidden.

Well, that did work, thank you. Torrent was kept under "Hidden" label and wouldn't work. Can't understand though, why did that happen. I don't always keep uTorrent open, so most of the time updates get to me whenever the program is automatically opened when I download a torrent file. I also usually do the updates on the spot and then re-run the torrent file. I find it strange it doesn't work like that any more.

P.S.: Just to clarify for the not-so-experienced users like myself, if you double-click the "Torrents (X)" option on your sidebar, a whole drop-down menu appears. It took me 5 minutes to get there, after I read ciaobaby's reply, since I was confused and gone through the whole preferences for a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Exit uTorrent and remove your setting.dat and setting.dat.old files from your /%USER%/AppData folder (if you're Win7 C:\Users\%USER_NAME%\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent , similar if you're in XP). Either cut and paste them to a different folder or straight up delete them (only if you're okay with losing your preferences/settings). After I moved them out and let uTorrent remake them from scratch, I was able to add torrents again.

I was moving from a WinXP to a Win7 machine and copied over all my torrents and config files en masse, but when I tried to add new torrents I was having the same problem as other people stated, nothing would pop up and it wouldn't add, and none of the posted 'fixes' worked for me. I figured it was something wonky with my old settings not being compatible, but I'm thinking now its a bug from upgrading from an old version to a new one. Funny enough, when I copied my old settings file to BitTorrent's App Data folder it wouldn't add new torrents either!

Any way, if that fix works for you, and you want to get all your old preferences back, you can copy and paste the settings files back into uTorrent once you've added new torrents and exited again, but then you won't be able to add new ones unless you do that switcheroo again. I'd suggest just noting down all your old preferences in notepad or on a piece of paper, deleting the settings files again, and making all the changes manually all over again.

Archived