How do you autostart utorrent in Deep Freeze?

stopads

Hi everyone,

I'm using Windows 7 with a program called Deep Freeze. Drive D:\ is where I can save files and not be erased when restarted. Is there a way to start utorrent automatically from D:\ and have it run silently, minimized, and automatically add utorrent as the exception for the windows firewall? Is there a script or batch-file that can be made? I want utorrent to autostart in D:\ after windows is restarted.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Look at doing a "portable"/"self-contained" installation. You should probably save state with the firewall exception made. Otherwise you'd have to whip up a firewall command yourself somehow, perhaps using netsh if it lets you configure the file.

Is there a auto batch script or some kind of script that can be made to autostart from D:\?

Is there a auto batch script or some kind of script that can be made to autostart from D:\?

You were already given the solution. µTorrent can run from anywhere as long as settings.dat is located in the same directory as the executable. From the µTorrent help web page:

How can I use µTorrent on a USB key or other removable drive?

Copy settings.dat (located in %AppData%\uTorrent ) to the same folder as utorrent.exe, and you're done. If using 3.0 or newer, this also enables portable mode, which allows you to store everything on the drive itself.

You were already given the solution. µTorrent can run from anywhere as long as settings.dat is located in the same directory as the executable. From the µTorrent help web page:

How can I use µTorrent on a USB key or other removable drive?

Copy settings.dat (located in %AppData%\uTorrent ) to the same folder as utorrent.exe' date=' and you're done. If using 3.0 or newer, this also enables portable mode, which allows you to store everything on the drive itself.[/quote']

Hi jsillup,

Sorry if I don't understand completely. I understand that i can install utorrent in portable mode in drive D:. The only thing is.... that I'm using Deep Freeze and it won't start up automatically. I can't change the settings in Deep Freeze. Since utorrent won't autostart because of Deep Freeze, is there a way to autostart utorrent from D: after the PC is restarted with a batch script or vb script?

Thank you for your time :)

Got to ask this question.

Are you trying to get fired from your current job? Because any company IT manager that deploys such things as "Deep Freeze" is doing so to stop what you are attempting to do and prevent installations of malicious or non-approved, untested or 'cracked' software to protect the company network from infiltration by virus activity or trojans and avoid the possibility of illegal activity being linked to the company IPs. Any activity to subvert those safeguards would be considered as gross misconduct and result in termination of your employment.

Archived