A few questions.

Insanity72

Alright, so I've had some experience with torrenting and things weren't so bad. But in my most recent torrent, the download speed is averaging about 19kb/s. I've gone through the FAQ and set-up guides, yet this torrent still seems to be slow. I've had the torrent going for 5 days now and it's done 7.47GBs out of 14.1.

Here is some info from the torrent.

Health: Full

Down Speed (Average): 19kb/s

Upload Speed (Average): anywhere from 15 - 25kb/s

Seeds: 9 - 16 (4642)

Peers: 19 (4573)

Seeds/Peers: 1.015

Ratio: 1.189

Avali.: 17.999

Someone commented on the torrent and said they were getting 500kb/s and some comments saying 1mb/s. Any ideas or suggestions?

Another question:

When I try to run the set-up guide, The Network is all fine, it says the port is open etc.etc. But the bandwidth comes up with this error.

Lookup Error: The requested name is invalid, but no data of the requested type was found (11004)

I tried looking this up, but found nothing.

Last Question:

I turned on the status icons and this torrent has a DOWNWARD facing blue arrow, I checked the FAQ and they do not show a downward blue arrow, they show an upward blue arrow, which meant something to do with seeding, but I am not seeding (Yet). Can someone explain this?

Thank you for any help provided.

I turned on the status icons and this torrent has a DOWNWARD facing blue arrow, I checked the FAQ and they do not show a downward blue arrow, they show an upward blue arrow, which meant something to do with seeding, but I am not seeding (Yet). Can someone explain this?

read the manual and it will ALL be explained without a waiting.

Here's a step by step guide to finding the uTorrent manual.

help-menu.png

help-menu-1.png

help-menu-2.png

Huh, so this is strange. I have only ever changed the stuff in the guides that have been posted. But I deleted the settings.dat files so I could start again, and it seems to be downloading fine now.

It's strange because I had never changed anything in the advanced preferences until I started this torrent, because it was slow. Now that I've gone back to the same settings it was at before I started messing around it's fixed itself.

Archived