Unknown torrent

westonred

For some reason Utorrent is no longer reconising 40 odd torrents i have on my xp pc it now says 'unknown torrent' . When i put a new torrent on it will allow me to download it but then when i come to shutdown i get a warning message saying 'Unable to save the resume file some data may be lost. When i reopen all torrents are not reconised ibcluding the new ones........... Anyone else getting this problem and how can i sort it .... Help

Ok most likely cause is a corrupt resume.dat file probably caused by a 'dirty' shut down.

Recovery steps:

Method1:

Close uTorrent with File -> Exit

Open the settings directory (%AppData%\uTorrent)

Check permissions and attributes on resume.dat. If it is "[ ] set read only" remove the read only flag in file properties.

Restart uTorrent -> Load a new job then shut down again. If the file saves ok, the problem is solved

If not....

Method 2: Which may not be successful.

rename resume.dat to resume.001

remove the .old extension from resume.dat.old

restart uTorrent.

any jobs that are still missing will have to be reloaded as stopped, then rechecked and started. If the recheck to 0% usually means that the job name and the subdirectory names are different, such as a completed job being relocated sub-directory of the label name. If this is the case point the download location to the label name directory.

If this fails for any reason, move on to;

Method 3: Which WILL require ALL jobs to be added back in read and follow the migration guide.

Delete ALL files named resume. regardless of the extensions.

Migrate all jobs.

Archived