You almost had me going....

GenuineDickies

So I'm what you would overly paranoid when it comes to torrents. I have nearly 2.5 Trillion blocked IP addresses. A large part of which is the entirety of the United States.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

I'm pretty sure even then I've still got some peepers on me, however, when I saw the dozens of little US flags while perusing the "Peers" tab on Utorrent I about lost it. However, upon further research all the flags were incorrect. Here is one in question...

62.8.x.x.wananchi.com:35898

It has an obvious stars and stripes next to it, but its actual geolocation search places it in Kenya. As a matter of fact, I traced every single TCP/IP connection and not a single one landed within the US.

What gives? Am I looking at something incorrectly or is uTorrent having issues with resolving IP's correctly?

Thanks and cheers for the great utility!

A large part of which is the entirety of the United States.
That's probably because the USA has one of the largest (if not THE largest) concentration of computer users on the Planet.

AND of course do not forget that when YOU do a IP issuer lookup it will show the country of the PROVIDERS registered offices NOT necessarily the location of the USER. Whereas uTorrent uses it's own lookup system.

Why is it not included in stock?
Assuming you mean the flags there are several posts where a member has taken the time to collate the additions into the necessary data file.

They are all not included in uTorrent on installation because IP allocation and hostnames associated with that allocation, change from time to time.

Archived