Downloaded files moving into different directories

upandatom

Hi, I'm not sure that this is a utorrent related issue, but since this problem is reserved for files I download via torrent and utorrent is the only client I use, I thought I'd post here.

Several weeks ago, my entire 'torrent' directory went missing, I thought it had somehow been deleted. I later found it nested in another directory that I had downloaded a torrent into previously. I did a virus scan with both avast and avg and came up with nothing. Lately the problem has happened a few more times, and the files that move are always files I torrent, and they always move into directories that also have had torrents in them recently.

I checked for updates to utorrent and am running the latest version on Win7 64bit.

What could be causing this? It's obviously quite annoying when I basically have to do a system search to find anything!

Thanks for any and all help.

Your latest version and build being?????

But YOU could be causing it with with an accidental drag 'n' drop, it is a problem that has plagued network managers ever since Microsoft removed the "Are you sure you want to move this folder" confirmation alert from Windows 95.

Thanks for the reply. I thought exactly the same thing when it happened the first time, that I was half asleep and inadvertently dragged the folder over, but it's happened many times and definitely isn't user error.

My utorrent version is 2.2.1 and my build is 25130.

Thanks again for the help, I really want to figure this out!

Yikes. When I used 'check for updates' it told me I was up to date. I just updated to the latest version. Is is possible that having an older version caused this problem, or should I be concerned that I've got a security issue or a virus on my system?

Thanks guys.

Archived