Directory problems since version 3.3.29342

WimIndonesia

There are a few new/strange issues since I yesterday installed version 3.3.29342

- the labels on the progress bars are different from before, like 'finding peers' and 'connecting to peers'. What does it mean? What is the difference between the two?

- more serious: there is something wrong with the directories I already used in previous versions. My two basic directories are G:\Utorrent\downloading and G:\Utorrent\completed which I use for both the torrents themselves and for the downloading/downloaded files.

Since the new version ALL files (but not the torrents) have been moved to the directory 'completed' - not by me. As a result partially downloaded files (some of them done already for 90% or more) start all over - since the torrent in the 'downloading' directory does not find any partially downloaded files there.

After I manually moved ALL files from 'completed' to 'downloaded' there was no difference: when the moving was complete all files were again back in the 'completed' directory. And utorrents starts from scratch with all those files.

What is new, what is wrong, what should I do?

Thanks for any help!

Wim/Yogyakarta/Indonesia

Finding peers means EXACTLY what it says, it is locating peer ids from trackers and DHT and PEx if they are enabled.

'Connecting to peers' means it has found some and is negotiating a connection with them.

when the moving was complete all files were again back in the 'completed' directory. And utorrents starts from scratch with all those files.

What is new, what is wrong, what should I do?

Sounds like something went wrong with move and uTorrent is now looking in the wrong place for the files.

About the 'move':

1. Initially I did not move anything, but all (partial) files had been automatically moved to 'completed'

2. Trying to restore the original situation did not help anything.

3. The directories where uT should look are the correct ones, but apparently it does not find there what it should find. This is strange because if (let's say) 25 out of 50 MB has been downloaded (as the counter correctly states), then why does the progress bar say that 0,0% or after some time 0,2% has been downloaded? It was never like this before...

So?

then why does the progress bar say that 0,0% or after some time 0,2% has been downloaded?
Presumably because it found errors in the downloaded data OR didn't find the data to check.

When setting the download location manually you have to point uTorrent to the parent directory of the download files.

The most recent one before this one, in other words: the last one before the words 'finding peers' and 'connecting to peers' were displayed on the progress bar - also: the last one before a yellow ad banner is displayed on the top.

Is there a way to get back to such previous version? Where can I download it? Since I have been using auto-updates for some time I don't have a previous installer on my pc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived