~uTorrentPartFile 37340201.dat file cannot be deleted

ShutterBug

I got this ~uTorrentPartFile 37340201.dat file appear which I have discovered from this forum is created when only selecting certain files to download from a torrent. But I could not delete this file when finished seeding the files. I used unlocker 1.9.1 which finally managed to send the file to the recycle bin, but now I cannot empty the recycle bin. How can I get rid of this file and free up my recycle bin please? Btw, I am running Vista.

The job is no longer in the list of downloads and seeds, and I was able to delete all the files except this one and the folder it was contained within.

And it wasn't the unlocker application that caused this problem, it was unlocker that managed to get this dat file as far as the recycle bin in the first place. I wasn't able to delete this dat file created by utorrent even in safe mode before I was directed to unlocker.

Actually, had you NOT used some third party 'tool' to over-ride file locking safety protocols, it would have been a very simple matter of changing the file attributes and deleting the file in a command prompt

SO:

Close down and reboot in "Safe mode with command prompt"

press [Enter] after each command sequence (in bold italics)

Select the drive the file is on.

Change to the recycle bin directory with: CD recycled

Change the attributes to show the files with: attrib -s -r -h *.*

remove the file with: del ?ut*.dat

reset the attributes with: attrib +s +h *.*

Reboot the machine with: shutdown /r

Close down and reboot in "Safe mode with command prompt"

press [Enter] after each command sequence (in bold italics)

Select the drive the file is on.

Change to the recycle bin directory with: CD recycled

Is there a command prompt to select the C:/ drive? Because I went straight to the CD recycled command prompt and it said "The system cannot find the path specified."

Archived