uTorrent always checking torrents after i power off or reboot

twojastara

Hi, with the newest verision no matter what i do it always checks torrents when i start the program after powering on the PC. From what i understand it should do it only after a crash, but i close the program normaly, then i normaly shut down my pc, and still after i power it back on and run uTorrent it checks all the torrents again. However, when i just close the program and run it again, w/o closing the PC, all is ok.

It's really annoying with many big files, takes very long time and slows down my PC.

[citation needed]

Experience over the past three weeks contrasted w/ 3 years of previous builds, exactly as twojastara describes. For a more eloquent recitation of the underlying problem without discerning specific mechanics causing this issue (changing dates and versions to fit circumstances), see this - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=666756#p666756

there's something on your system that is blocking the commit of the resume.dat file that isn't on mine.

Given that 3.2.3, 2.2.1 and 2.0.4 don't act similarly it's doubtful. But to test the theory I'll manually save resume.dat to another location after waiting an appropriate time for the client to close and copy it back after reboot, before restarting 3.3 to see if twojastara's cited symptoms persist.

Thanks for response guys. Unfortunately ciaobaby's solution doesn't work for me. I gave it more then enough time to close, made sure it's not in the active processes and still my problem remains.

Looks like i have the same situation as CphD. I guess i'll just have to downgrade, but it'd be nice to find a solution. My system is win7 x64.

• 2 months later...

I am facing this problem too, even though i had made sure utorrent shuts downs completely by checking taskmanager . Ii started noticing after installing latest version too.

Another change is that now i download majority of torrents directly to my external HDD. Could it be a cause?

Archived