Torrent files not opening properly.

Drizz

Version 3.3 (build 29544)

Windows 7

When I try to open a torrent file (.torrent) that I've downloaded it will open uTorrent but nothing will happen. I've tried changing the settings and restarting my computer twice along with installing the beta and alpha versions of uTorrent. Magnets are working although the prompt window that allows you select where you want to download your files and which files you want to download does not appear. The torrents downloading from magnets are automatically given "Hidden" labels now for some reason.

Here are some screencaps of my settings below:

jUc8CHDeNloVP.PNG

jFQLI1eheKypD.PNG

Hope that's enough info and also that the answer isn't painfully obvious >.< thanks.

Same problem (probably). In my own words: When I double-click a torrent file a window pops up (where I am supposed to choose torrent name and saving directory) but closes immediately and the torrent doesn't show up in the utorrent window as downloading. Previously existing torrent files continue to download. Magnet links have the same effect, but when I click them a second time, a message shows up stating that the torrent already exists. Still it doesn't show in the utorrent window and no file seems to be downloaded anywhere on disk.

I double click a torrent file and it just opens utorrent and that's it :(

I should add that previous existing torrents are still downloading. Also what might be of some help, a lot of people can find the torrents that aren't appearing under Labels -> Hidden which is what happens to magnets I click. Just can't get any of the torrent files to work... Had to download Bittorrent! Then uninstall it hah.

Okay my screen just got spammed with about 20 of the prompt windows (where to DL and which files to DL window thing) before uTorrent crashed... Submitted the dump to the devs then uTorrent restarted still having the same problems.

Restarted uTorrent a 2nd time after the crash now everything is fixed and working just fine (no more hidden labels ether)... Well for the time being at least, would still like to know why it happened in case it happens again. Thanks

I have the same problem, I can't add new torrent in my torrent list Double click on the torrent file, utorrent window pop but nothing else. So strange, 4 days before I could add and download torrents.

Restart/ uninstall/ install, always the same problem.

Sidebar -> Labels -> Hidden.

Yeah if it's the "same problem" as me then there is no Hidden under Labels in the Sidebar but I guess he didn't go into detail since he said it was the "same problem".

You must have to post that so many times haha saw so many posts where that was the problem.

Same problem here

File > Add torrent or double click on torrent. The dialog (confirming where to save) looks to open for a split seconds then disappears. Torrent not loaded.

restarted PC, updated to 3.3 to no avail.

Was working fine up to today.

edit: File > Add torrent (choose Save Dir) works ok.

I updated to 3.3 also.

It still had the 'hidden'-label bug.

I flooded the client with 20 magnet links, and the bug disapeared.

The torrents now do not get any auto-'hidden'-label anymore.

Update: Some of those torrents were lost after restarting the client also... Pffrt! :rolleyes:

But a restart of the client stopped this good behavior, and just re-initiated the bug.

Now... How much of you -that see the hidden bug- fiddled with the advanced preferences? :rolleyes:

>Could be an intended bug... (Yes, people do this. It's their income, so they're allowed to do it imho.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using 3.3 (Build 29625) and I am still looking for help on being unable to use the "add torrent" feature.

Problem lies with the "Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data" option. When this option is ticked, the new window opens for a split seconds and disappears. Torrent does not load. When option is not ticked, torrent loads.

Try uninstalling uTorrent, INCLUDING SETTINGS, and then reinstall.

I suspect uTorrent may be locating the window out of screen view. If so, you can try double-clicking a torrent file, then Alt + spacebar, then M, then an arrow key once, then move the mouse until you see the box. This is the standard method for finding a window offscreen. I haven't tried this latter approach, as the former was successful.

• 3 months later...

PLEASE.... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.... MY TORRENT IS NOT WORKING. AFTER I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT, WHILE RUNNING THE SET UP FILE FOR THE FURTHER PROCEEDINGS OF INSTALLATION, MY ANTI-VIRUS K7 IS BLOCKING IT TO DO SO. SO PLEASE SOMEBODY KINDLY HELP ME... WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO? I HAVE MINIMIZED MY LEVEL OF PROTECTION IN K7 AND I HAVE ALSO DISABLE THE FIREWALL RESTRICTIONS FOR TORRENT. K7 SAYS IT IS A "RISKWARE [0040F0F51]".

HOPE I WILL GET A RESOLUTION FOR THIS. THANK U.

I am Expecting an answer guys. please help me soon as much as possible.

Archived