Freezes up computer randomly.

utorrentDemiGod

It's like a 50/50 chance that utorrent freezes up my computer, which I then have to hold the power button on my laptop for 5 seconds to restart. Sometimes I can download 10-20 episodes/movies without freezing, then other times I can have 5-10 movies downloading and it will freeze up randomly anytime after starting to download. I can freeze 30 minutes into DL, or 3 hours after DL. There is no pattern to it freezing, but it just locks up my computer.

I have been dealing with this problem for the last couple years always using the latest version, regardless of using Windows 7/8 64bit

My current system specs:

Alienware m17xR3

Windows 8 64Bit

i7 2670QM

Nvidia GTX560M

12GB RAM

256GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max Iops SSD Primary OS Drive

750GB Hitachi HDD Secondary Drive

utorrent V3.3 (build29544)

ISP: Time Warner Cable

Software:

Comodo Firewall ( makes no difference if I have installed or uninstalled, Firewall only, no geek buddy or other crap, and always updated to latest version)

Router: WNDR4500 (firmware updated to latest version, freezing makes no difference on what network I am connected on or ROUTER I USE)

I always start my torrents my clicking the magnet link on Kickass or TPB.

I really need help on trying to solve this as I have read maybe 50 past posts in the forums, and still seems like there is no solution to this problem.

How long have you had uTorrent (any version) installed on this machine?

I have had it installed since I bought the laptop almost 2 years ago, running Win 7 64bit. Upgraded to an SSD 1 year ago, and installed Windows 8 64bit months ago. All the time I have had the random computer freezing occur in every situation. I have done experiments, and reformatted HDD and SSD drives countless times and have even done fresh installs with Win 7 and Win 8 with only utorrent installed as the only program and still freezes up.

Sometimes I can download 20 movies with no problem, then other times it locks up for no apparent reason.

Sometimes I can download 20 movies with no problem, then other times it locks up for no apparent reason.
So probably nothing at all to do with uTorrent then.
Win 7 and Win 8 with only utorrent installed as the only program and still freezes up.
And with nothing at all installed??

Archived