Slow upload speeds

Commons_Helper

I have a 50/50 connection that has an easy job getting to 50Mb down in short order, but my upload likes to stay mostly idle.

There have been a few times when I was the only seed and I was able to sustain 50Mb up for 6 hours during the 5pm-11pm rush, but most of the time, even when there are 1:10 ratio of seeds to leeches, I typically stay under 256Kb/s upload.

I know my connection can handle it, and it obviously works when I am the only seed, but most of the time, I'm not uploading anything.

Even with 47-50Mb on both up and down at the same time, I still can maintain 10ms pings to Chicago, just a bit of periodic jitter, sometimes into the 20-30ms range when completely pegged.

I have uTorrent set to 512 global connections and 128 per torrent with 16 upload slots.

I have a Netgear 3700, which has been benchmarked to 450Mb/s WAN to LAN with a 2,000 connection logical limit, on 3rd party sites.

And your utorrent version/build is?...

Did you check if your port is open/forwarded correctly and not being blocked (firewall/router) ?

uTorrent 3.3 b29625

I see the port open in my router's uPNP table

UPnP Portmap Table

Active Protocol Int. Port Ext. Port IP Address

YES TCP 19935 19935 10.0.0.2

YES UDP 19935 19935 10.0.0.2

I was one of a few seeds again for a few torrents last night and I was uploading a lot again.

Again, downloading is really really fast, but my upload tends to only work when leeches super-vastly outnumber seeds.

It is entirely possible that no one wants anything from me, but some of my torrents were along the lines of 200 seeds and 900 leeches, and I had 0MB uploaded . At least it downloaded quickly. The funny thing is while many of these torrents are not uploading anything, some of my torrents are uploading a lot, but those are the ones with almost no seeders.

Mind you, the kind of torrents I have been doing are creative commons and GPL like Linux. There may be a bias of strong seeders, but many years ago as a kid, I remembered always seeding when downloading anime.

I see the port open in my router's uPNP table

Hmm... mine doesn't have a upnp table... :( Just make sure and test it here: http://www.speedguide.net/networktools.php

There is always the occasional firewall in play too ...

uTorrent 3.3 b29625

See if disabling the upload limits helps. I can recommend updating to 3.3.1, since there were issues with this limiter that they've fixed in there.

but some of my torrents were along the lines of 200 seeds and 900 leeches, and I had 0MB uploaded . At least it downloaded quickly.

A private tracker then with grossly overseeded jobs because EVERYBODY is trying to keep a impossible ratio.

Archived