New torrents sit at Connecting to peers, also, DHT waiting to log in

Reaper2794

ISP: Time Warner

AV: Avast AntiVirus

uTorrent version: uTorrent 3.4 Alpha (build 29535)

VPN: Torrent proxy via BT Guard

For the past few months, uTorrent has been buggy as hell.

At times, on the bottom I get "DHT waiting to log in"

Whenever I add a new torrent, it just sits at connecting to peers, at other times, it takes a very long time to start up

Also, when I close uTorrent, and then try opening it, it doesn't open

I have to try opening it again

I feel like for a while, Time Warner has been throttling me, a few weeks ago I was getting 300+ ping as opposed to the usual 16 ms ping, and 1-5 mbps down instead of 25-30 down like I normally do on Speedtest

Can anyone help me fix these issues?

It is not just uTorrent, and the answer is UDP, which does NOT work successfully over proxy servers simply because UDP is used for speed not reliability, so it relies on port numbers for delivery and checksums for data integrity, and anything that "gets in the way" of packet transfer can 'break' the data flow between network nodes.

• 6 months later...
ISP: Time Warner

AV: Avast AntiVirus

uTorrent version: uTorrent 3.4 Alpha (build 29535)

VPN: Torrent proxy via BT Guard

For the past few months, uTorrent has been buggy as hell.

At times, on the bottom I get "DHT waiting to log in"

Whenever I add a new torrent, it just sits at connecting to peers, at other times, it takes a very long time to start up

Also, when I close uTorrent, and then try opening it, it doesn't open

I have to try opening it again

I feel like for a while, Time Warner has been throttling me, a few weeks ago I was getting 300+ ping as opposed to the usual 16 ms ping, and 1-5 mbps down instead of 25-30 down like I normally do on Speedtest

Can anyone help me fix these issues?

Well first off I see you are using Alpha 3.4.0.29535 that is now very stale (I had problems with adding and removing torrents or their contents with that build and some of the other problems you listed like slow and bad connections with some taking 10 to 30 min to take off)

I upgraded from Alpha 3.4.0.29535 to Beta 3.4.0.30324 a week or two ago and it fixed most of the problems I had (the last 1 or 2 are minor or related to how 3.2 acted)

BUT BEWARE MY UPGRADE CAME WITH PROBLEMS http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=143394

Good Luck

Archived