uTorrent disconnects my internet (I have done seaching)

landsknetch

As title, uTorrent disconnects my internet after some time of usage, EVEN WHEN IM NOT DOWNLOADING/UPLOADING It was fine for the last few years, and only happened since last month or so

Did some searching, This : http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 Doesnt seem to help at all, however, changing settings does seem to prolong the time til uTorrent disconnects me (unconfirmed, perhaps my imagination?) reinstalling doesn't seem to solve the problem (my records are still here though, how do I completely remove everything utorrent related/registry?)

Pretty sure its not virus related, I got norton anti-virus and I scan regularly with malwarebyte anti malware, I also have ccleaner to clean up my comp

When this happens, my internet notification icon has a yellow triangle (!) and I have to restart my router in order to re-establish my internet, its not a red cross but IDK the difference I couldnt use the internet in both cases

I can still make-shiftly download stuff but I have to restart my router 10-50 times depending on the size of the file, and also this prevents me from leaving my comp overnight

Any suggestions would be helpful

Edit: Im using windows 7 and latest version of uTorrent atm (3.3) I update whenever it tells me to

I got norton anti-virus
Get rid of it and use one that actually works instead!

Derp not very helpful, well it comes free when I brought my comp, prob gonna change it once license expires

Still, is there anyone that can provide some useful suggestions or theories as to what the hell is going on with my utorrent?

• 2 months later...

I just switch off the firewall temporarily. It isn't the safest, but it works.

In Norton under Network Protection, switch Smart Firewall off. Under Select Duration choose 'Until system restart'. Just remember to put it back on when you're done.

I was disconnecting constantly until I started doing this. Hope it works for you too.

Archived