Torrents not seeding

CBJunkie

Hi all, i have been using utorrent to download and seed mostly from ComicBT for a couple years now. Never had any issues until approx. the last 2 months. Now, for some reason the client won't seed. It worked fine at first but now, nothing. I can download fine and i always keep each file seeding for at least a week but there is no indication that they are actually seeding. I asked ComicBT for advice and they wrote back saying that it looks as though i am not seeding at all even though the indicator at the site showed 50+ uploading. I have done all the recommended troubleshooting, uninstalled and reinstalled the client multiple times and still no luck. Port is open and options/setup guide checks out fine. I have even 'refreshed' my Win 8 install twice. Any ideas? I'm sure you folks are better acquainted with utorrent than i am so any input would be appreciated. Client v 3.3 thx

In the peers column, there are at least 1 in parenthesis for each torrent.

Outside the parenthesis each one shows zero. I'm guessing this means they are not connected which would explain the problem if it was only one or two torrents but, this has been happening with all of them (hundreds) for months.

As a test i downloaded the Open Office file via this site to see if it would seed. Nope. Seems i cannot connect to any peers. There are 21 in parenthesis but zero, zilch, nada for connections. Also the torrent has now turned red. What the heck is wrong?

Back to green with 1 peer connection for about 3 seconds then zero again.

Archived