How do I move my downloaded file to a different folder?

kerripace

I am brand new to this. I think this should be relatively easy, but I can't seem to figure it out. Let's say I download a content file (like an AVI file) into my "downloads" folder, but later decide I'd like to move that AVI file to a different folder. How do I provide uTorrent with the new location of the file? I've moved several files, but now uTorrent doesn't know where they are and can no longer seed them. Help?

I am brand new to this. I think this should be relatively easy, but I can't seem to figure it out. Let's say I download a content file (like an AVI file) into my "downloads" folder, but later decide I'd like to move that AVI file to a different folder. How do I provide uTorrent with the new location of the file? I've moved several files, but now uTorrent doesn't know where they are and can no longer seed them. Help?

dude .. right click on the torrent ur downloading ..then click on advanced .. then set download location :)

• 3 weeks later...
How do I move my downloaded file to a different folder?

hey kerripace,

I think you mean something different, 'cos I had the same issue today.

When you moved your completed torrent dl in a different folder, and want to seed the torrent again.

You have to delete (x) the old torrent file displayed in the μtorrent tool, and refresh it, with the correct location. Please hit:

File >> Add Torrent (choose save dir), add *.torrent (open the μtorrent dir, where you installed the software) in Win this is c:/Documents & Settings/ users then whatever your username is will have a folder, /Application Data/u torrent.

look for the *.torrent file you want to seed.

then it says: choose where to dl '...' to: choose the same folder. And hit OK.

Now your moved torrent dl is ready for seeding again :)

Archived