I accidentally deleted a torrent of mine i was seeding...

cwuz

Keep the one you have.

Either you change the location manually: Advanced > Set Download Location...

Or you remove the torrent and add it back to select the folder again.

Both options work.

Why would i want to set a download location?? I know where it's downloading to. I'll just wait for it to download and seed it. And KEEP seeding it.

FFS. You select the "download" location that IS where you have your files. As you already have 100% it will not download, but start seeding. It's not that hard. :cool:

OK, i set it to my "torrenting" folder and it DOESN'T seed and just stays at 2.2% downloaded like it did before...

And this is the most usual misconception people make when selecting wrong folder.

It is the parent folder, you choose where you want to download it to, not the folder with same name as the torrent itself.

If you think logically, how can you select a folder that doesn't exist? (Of course it does that now as you already have downloaded it before).

But think how the program does it before that folder existed. It creates it the moment it downloads a piece, in the folder where you save all torrents.

It names it after the torrent's name.

That's all there is to it.

Now go seed that mf. :)

And this is the most usual misconception people make when selecting wrong folder.

It is the parent folder, you choose where you want to download it to, not the folder with same name as the torrent itself.

If you think logically, how can you select a folder that doesn't exist? (Of course it does that now as you already have downloaded it before).

But think how the program does it before that folder existed. It creates it the moment it downloads a piece, in the folder where you save all torrents.

It names it after the torrent's name.

That's all there is to it.

Now go seed that mf. :)

On my desktop i have a folder called "torrenting". Inside that folder is another folder with the album name. I have "torrenting" selected as the download location. And when i did, it asked if i wanted to move the target and overwrite, so i selected yes. And it stayed on 2.2%. I will throw this PC out the window.

And is it the same name on the folder?

Are the files intact, are they playable?

Also, double check the filenames of each file under the Files-tab, compare with the files in the folder.

They were playable, but then because i moved the download location and said yes to "overwrite", they are now not playable. The torrent stayed on 2.2% so i just deleted it. So now i'm stuck with no torrent, and the original torrent files that aren't playable.

This is the piratebay file of mine - http://is.gd/9V5Z2x

It says there's still 1 seeder. So maybe i could leave it downloading overnight and if it finishes, i can then seed it and leave it seeding for when that 1 seeder eventually stops seeding, if that makes sense.

Cheers.

It just goes to 2.2% and stays there.

Then you have not recreated it correctly, IF you have the original data UNCHANGED it will recheck to 100%

I'm just gonna leave it on all night and do what i said and wait for it to finish and then seed.
How is that going to happen if you were the initial and only seed??

Who said i recreated it? Haven't you read the recent replies? I overwritten it and deleted it and downloaded it again from thepiratebay. Maybe a ctrl + z for undo would be useful in uTorrent, then maybe i could have gotten my torrent back instantly.

Archived