How Do I Stop uTorrent Running Multiple Instances

tronto

Hi Guys,

Basically I've set uTorrent running as a windows service so I can add torrents remotely without being logged in to the host machine. The problem is that when I click on the shortcut for uTorrent another instance of the program launches so I cant display what torrents are downloading unless I use my phone. This is also confusing the android application torrentoise as when the 2nd instance starts it checks that instead of the one where the torrents are downloading.

I've reinstalled and even gone as far as deleting every associated uTorrent reference from the registry but it makes no difference. I've also tried to get task scheduler to run it whether logged in or not but I get the same result if I try to open it from the desktop. There isn't any other installation folders for utorrent on the machine and I don't remember having this problem before so I haven't a clue what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi. There.

Cheers for your response.The service is set to the user im trying to run with and does start with windows and function properly. The problem is when i click on utorrent.exe the utorrent launches another instance of the program. So if i have loaded torrents remotely i cant see them in the gui as its effectively another utorrent client that is running on the same machine.

Yes which is kind of strange. In the past i have just clicked on the shortcut and it as displayed what torrents i have loaded remotely from my phone or tablet. So it was just opening the gui from one instance where as now it doesn't display anything as its effectively its opening the gui of a new instance. (fresh install).

Archived