Is this a virus?

John Grey

I have the latest versioninstalled.

Last night once again a pop up appeared after starting utorrent.

It asks this loose/loose question.

"A newer version of utorrent, 3.3.1. build 30017 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.3.1. build 29938? Choose "No" to run this older build once without installing. (Then: 2 buttons yes or no)

Is this from utorrent? To me it looks like a virus....

Here is why:

There is one question asked: "Would you like to downgrade?"

Now, I do not want to downgrade, so I cannot click on "Yes", but.... but if I click "No", then catch 22 comes into play, and utorrent will run the old version.....

What is this?

What is there that needs explaining?

"A newer version of utorrent, 3.3.1. build 30017 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.3.1. build 29938? Choose "No" to run this older build once without installing. (Then: 2 buttons yes or no)

If you click [Yes] it downgrades the installed version, click [No] and it won't.

What is there that needs explaining?

If you click [Yes] it downgrades the installed version, click [No] and it won't.

I wrote it in my question:

Here is why:

There is one question asked: "Would you like to downgrade?"

Now, I do not want to downgrade, so I cannot click on "Yes", but.... but if I click "No", then catch 22 comes into play, and utorrent will run the old version.....

You are not into logic, are you?

I not want to downgrade and neither do want to run the old version once....

So, what am I suppopsed to do? I want to use the the new, already installed version.

Archived