Can't add torrent

rbanarchy303

I have the same problem as him but mine has never had that box checked before. I just looked and it is still unchecked but torrents wont add into my utorrent. Also, when trying to readd the torrent it says "torrent already in utorrent (or something) do you wish to add the trackers from it?"

but the prompt that confirms where i want it to go and all that never shows up

Can you expand on what does the destination has to do with the above issue? Version? Did you select "Torrents" category?

Screenshot? Maybe try and give it some label for testing?

Me and original poster when clicking a torrent or magnet link the window that pops up asking what within this torrent you wish to download doesn't come up anymore. I have been trying to find a solution for the past day or so. It seems that if you have a dual monitor set up it will open this window outside of both monitors so you cannot see it. This makes the file not start and be put under the hidden label until you either manually start it within the utorrent hidden label section or are able to see the pop up window to select what in the torrent you wish to download. I am just looking for a solution so that the utorrent pop up box goes back to its original position right in front of the utorrent window after loading a torrent.

OK, if the issue is to make the popup pisically visible, I suggest either to define your display as single display,1920X1080, see it pops up, move it a bit and exit uT, safe config.

OR: exit, delete settings.dat, create a new *empty* one instead , or better yet - take mine below... and start with it instead.

OK i found the missing torrents...they get added but do not ask what parts of the torrent to download. They get put under torrents -> labels -> hidden.
How do i stop this from happening to every torrent i try to download?

Wait at the add dialogue box for the metadata to load.

• 3 weeks later...
So why not link to the post that explains HOW to get the Add Dialogue visible if it is off screen?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=713172#p713172

It's the line of text below the image.

OMG thank you! Have been experiencing the same problem for the past few days. For some reason, the New Torrent prompt was off my screen and I didn't notice it as I could still click around in uTorrent fine. In Windows 7, was merely able to hold the Windows key and hit the left arrow a few times to get it back into view.

Thanks again!

Archived