Cannot become connectable no matter what. PLEASE HELP.

luckdragon987

Hello,

I greatly hope that someone can help me with this issue. I was connectable. My computer crashed and I

was forced to reinstall windows. After the reinstall I am now working with a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I cannot become connectable at all. It is the same modem. Every tool that I can find to determine if the port is open says that it is. However when I try to seed something I cannot get any connections and the status light is orange and the test says that I am not connectable. This is not occuring with only utorrent so I don't believe it is a client issue. Please someone help.

EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are.

I have configured utorrent to use port 36622. I have disabled the windows firewall. I have uninstalled all anti-virus software. I have disabled the firewall in the modem.

The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above.

Most of the links above appear to be broken, however I am pretty familiar with Utorrent and its setup.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Orange/Amber

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Checking Port 36622...

Port 36622 is open and accepting connections.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download).

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

net.max_halfopen set to 100. Have not modified the TCPIP.sys

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

All Firewalls disabled. No Antiviurs, antispyware, or antiadware.

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

Motorola nvg510

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

AT&T Uverse

Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

DSL

Upload: 838.9 kbits/s

Download: 5.4 Mbits/s

Someone please help. I am going crazy trying to figure this thing out. I will provide whatever other information I must. Screenshots or whatever. Help me out guys. Thx.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Orange/Amber

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Checking Port 36622...

Port 36622 is open and accepting connections.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download).

There is a bug in that prticular code, and several threads about it, check the port using external tools.

Yes i know that there is an error in the coding. However my status remains orange/amber. I have used external tools. It says the port is open. However I do not receive incoming connections. It isn't only utorrent. I have tried 2 other torrent clients to rule out uttorent and they have the same problem.

Archived