utorrent & yahoo search engine

sleepydog

I would like to download the latest version of utorrent but have read that this new version changes web browser settings to make yahoo the default search engine. I don't want yahoo as my search engine. I don't want to download utorrent and then have the problem of removing yahoo from Chrome etc. Please tell me if it is possible to download utorrent and avoid the yahoo issue? Will a future version of utorrent be available which does not change my web browser settings?

Pay attention during the installation and READ the dialogues before clicking [ Yes ] or [ Next ]

A google search will show that many people have faced this problem.

And a search of this forum will tell you how many times that how NOT to have this problem has been explained!

I still think that this is a sneaky way to do things. The "Accept Offer" button is where you would normally see "next", so people will click by it quickly. If you are serious about have a choice for users, why not have a radio button to accept/decline when enables the next button when a choice is made? I used to like uTorrent but this behaviour is turning me off.

• 8 months later...

OK, I clicked too fast. Now how do I undo my mistake?

You will have to go to your add/remove and find and uninstall each individual files that was installed. And then reboot and reinstall Ut again this time do a custom install and you will see those install that installs without you knowing when you do express install - as always for any install I always do "Custom install" or choose the option of let me see the installs and pick-that way I can stop or uncheck those I don't want installed thus rendering any of those program not to install and only install Ut that I want.

Archived