'Files' tab is hidden

cjhoyle

This may be a silly question but I haven't been able to find the answer to it anywhere on the web.

It appears that at some point the Files tab has completely disappeared from my utorrent. Currently the only tabs that are appearing below the download screen for me are the Info, Peers, Ratings, Trackers, and Speeds. On my other computer I also have Files, Pieces, and Logger. (See screenshots).

Computer with the issue: http://i39.tinypic.com/2psnnnl.jpg

Computer without the issue: http://i40.tinypic.com/25j9tat.jpg

Without the files tab, I am unable to see which files in my torrent downloads have finished downloading, or be able to set the priority of various different files.

Can somebody please tell me?

Thanks

-cjhoyle

Yes I am able to right click on other things within the utorrent application.

However, by accident I just discovered the source of the problem and it's a definite bug that utorrent really needs to fix to save alot of other people from going through the same headache I've been having.

My computer has dual monitors and for some reason the right click option on those tabs does not work when I am displaying utorrent on one of the monitors. When I move the window to the other monitor, that right click option becomes available instantly. The monitor that I view the application in doesn't appear to affect anything else within utorrent except for right clicking the tabs.

Please fix this utorrent!

Version: 3.3.2 (build 30303) [32-bit]

However the error has spanned more than just the most recent version. I have been seeing the problem for at least 6 months.

Now that I know a bit more about the bug I have done some more testing.

Currently I have Monitor 1 set as my main display under screen resolution settings in windows, with Monitor 1 on the right and Monitor 2 on the left. Right clicking works normally when utorrent is in monitor 1. If utorrent is in Monitor 2 however the right clicking menu does not pop-up where it is supposed to. I had never noticed this before, but the right clicking menu does still in fact appear when I right click, but it appears on the far right side of the other monitor (out of sight).

So my first test was to change Monitor 2 to the main display, and when I did...right clicking functioned properly in both monitors. When I changed it back the issue was still occuring. I then tried changing Monitor 1 to be the left monitor and the result....right clicking functioned properly in both monitors.

So now that I discovered that the bug was related to which monitor was the main display, as well as which monitor was on the left/right, I tried all 4 combinations and here is my summary.

Monitor 1 on right and main display - Right clicking bug on Monitor 2

Monitor 1 on right and secondary display - No issues

Monitor 1 on left and main display - No issues

Monitor 1 on left and secondary display - Right clicking bug on Monitor 1

Conclusion: This bug only happens when you have your primary monitor on the right side.

Can anyone else reproduce this bug?

Confirmed.

The context menu is displayed at an offset position on the display that is set as the primary monitor if the GUI is on the secondary

dual-monitor-display.png

Tested on:

Matrox G650 dual head PC 32bit Win 7 Ult DVI + SVGA (3.3.2 and 3.4.0)

Intel iGFX chipset laptop + external display 64bit Win 7 Pro (3.4.0)

ATI Radeon 4550 DMS59 to dual DVI PC 32bit Win 7 Pro (3.3.2)

Same results

And yes my office area is always cosy and warm in winter with no central heating needed :)

Archived