Utorrent 1.5 - B460 taking high memory

askids

Hi,

I dont know whether this is a bug or not. I switched from v1.5 to beta460. The memory usage for the same torrents increased from 7-10MB to 22 MB. I then switched back to v1.5 stable and the memory usage reduced. I was seeding 11 torrents at that time. Can the developers take a look at this? If you need the screenshot, let me know and I will post it.

TIA

askids

That was a guess, I'm not too sure myself what the reason may be. If anything, though, I wouldn't call it a problem. This new cache system is much better than previous versions, and gigabit connections are handled nicely with the beta version, and my guess is that the cache's automatic resizing has been improved.

what about a checkbox in the Disk Cache dialog - "Enable low-memory consumation" - turned off by default.. if enabled it would change the cache multiplier to a lower value.. if not it should be as it is..

personally i dont need this, but it may prevent people from complaining

iirc the multiplier is 16 which leads to additional 16 mbs of memory usage at 1 mb/s

if there's such an option, the multiplier could be 5 (or a different value), not 16, leading to additional 5 (..) mbs of ram

at least that's in theory.. it may not be effective at all, but at least the memory usage would drop down significantly

Archived