Stream feature completely missing

gergy008

uTorrent version: 3.4

uTorrent build #:  30596

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 b:7601

Hello everyone, first post.

I just installed utorrent from the website after having to clean install windows on my SSD.

For some reason the streaming feature has completely gone missing from this new version, it has always worked (almost) flawlessly in the past.

There are no settings for streaming anymore in preferences and the column no longer exists in the downloads list...

Where did it go?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to say that the prepare stream button is missing for me too - but if I click the area where it should be it works. So some graphical bug as was mentioned in another thread.

Because you did right click another column and made sure that the checkmark for playback is ticked?

I don't have any streaming option in preferences though.

I was about to say that the prepare stream button is missing for me too - but if I click the area where it should be it works. So some graphical bug as was mentioned in another thread.

Because you did right click another column and made sure that the checkmark for playback is ticked?

I've already tried clicking where the button is supposed to be and nothing happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

johnrim is right thanks johnrim!  its got to be a graphical error. pay attention, make sure the playback column is selected.  if you press the area where the stream button used to be it doesn't seem like it does anything but you will start seeing the data download at the beginning of the file as before.  as soon as the video has enough data to stream pressing the blank area where the stream button should be will start the video as before

johnrim is right thanks johnrim!  its got to be a graphical error. pay attention, make sure the playback column is selected.  if you press the area where the stream button used to be it doesn't seem like it does anything but you will start seeing the data download at the beginning of the file as before.  as soon as the video has enough data to stream pressing the blank area where the stream button should be will start the video as before

• 7 months later...

When I use the "Copy stream url" feature, it just slows down my download, sometimes even stop downloading (that's when i have to close and open uT again). And the streaming ghost button worked once, then never again. Forced download appears, but pieces do not come in order anyhow.

Archived