uTorrent freezes immediately after startup

SpeeD04

Hey guys, I`ve encountered a problem with the uTorrent application. A few days ago I wanted to download something and after the application opened it froze. I tryed restarting it but immediately after opening it, it just froze. I tryed reinstalling it, and followed a few tips found on google ( run the program in comp. mode for.. ) but nothing happened. I also tryed restaring the router and disabling my antivirus but it doesn`t help. I`m running windows 7 on 64.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Anybody found an answer to this? It started happening to me roughly the same time it happened to the OP, last week. I don't run AVG and I didn't do any update before uTorrent started acting like this (freezes at startup, regardless if I load or not a torrent file directly).

I still have no idea.. Maybe reinstalling Windows would help, but if it doesn`t it would be a waste of time reinstalling all the programs again and again and again.. 

P.S: I left the application " frozen ", but open. After 5 6 hours it " defroze " and started working, but after quiting and opening again, same problem. This ocured only one time, I left my computer on since yesterday with the " frozen but open " uTorrent app, but it remained the same.

I have the same exactly issue. Whenever I click on magnet links or try to open .torrent file, uTorrent just freezes. I need to kill the process from the task manager. For now my solution is open uTorrent before clicking on magnet links. Hope someone finds a better solution or tell what causes this problem.

Just for the future reference I'm using Windows 7 Professional 32bit, uTorrent 3.4 and my antivirus is avast. Thanks.

I have the same exactly issue. Whenever I click on magnet links or try to open .torrent file, uTorrent just freezes. I need to kill the process from the task manager. For now my solution is open uTorrent before clicking on magnet links. Hope someone finds a better solution or tell what causes this problem.

This describes exactly my problem and temporary solution.  I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, uTorrent 3.4 and Avast antivirus.  Disabling Avast makes no difference.

Wow I was just about to post the exact same thing.  Was thinking it was just the app and was gonna grab the last stable IMO 2.2 but figured its just as easy to open uTorrent first....Just a pain as it should work when clicking on the .magnet links.  BTW I am also on Avast.  Am switching to NIS 2014 soon...Anyone have any thoughts?

This isn't anti-virus specific. I have this same problem on a machine with no anti-virus installed. It's been happening with the past few uTorrent betas, currently on the latest.

Also, MSE isn't a good AV, Microsoft even says that you shouldn't use it as your primary anti-virus: http://lifehacker.com/microsoft-admits-that-third-party-antivirus-is-more-eff-1441135677

This describes exactly my problem and temporary solution.  I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, uTorrent 3.4 and Avast antivirus.  Disabling Avast makes no difference.

Exactly. I have the same problem. I have to start utorrent previously (before clicking the magnet link) in order the program to work normally.

Personally i do not think it is an antivirus issue.

I am using Windiws 8.1 ENT X64. It is the same with BitTorrent.

Archived