Why is my hard drive filling up even after I delete older torrents?

scott16

Greetings!  I am new to this but am having an issue.  My hard drive is slowly filling up even though I have deleted older torrents.  (removed torrent and data!) Not sure what to do and would appreciate any input.  Have looked into temp files etc, but can't figure it out.  HELP!!!! Thanks

Did you check that the files are not present in your download location?

I would suggest you to move all the torrents to a new location (Select all torrents > right-click > Advanced > Set Download Location).. The Save dialog will pop up for each torrent one by one (Yeah, I wish it would only ask once). If you (create an empty folder and) copy the full path to the new location to the clipboard beforehand, you can simply do Ctrl-V to paste then hit Enter twice (repeat this until there are no more dialog boxes, or use an automation tool).

After this is done AND all the move is completed (check torrent status), go to the old download location and check what's left. You can Shift-Delete it.

Finally, use Folder Size tool to scan your hard disk for folders that take the largest amount of space.

Archived