Fix for Flash Ads in uTorrent

taim

They don't use the ActiveX version of Flash. So if you don't use ActiveX supported browser you can remove the ActiveX version. uTorrent uses CPU when it's not doing anything because of the Flash so it's good I was able to get rid of it.

It's nice not having constant CPU usage when Flash ads in uTorrent are running. I don't use Flash in my browsers so I didn't notice that problem. Firefox uses NPAPI right so it would be different from the activex version files and you could just rename/move the activex ones.

It's nice not having constant CPU usage when Flash ads in uTorrent are running. I don't use Flash in my browsers so I didn't notice that problem. Firefox uses NPAPI right so it would be different from the activex version files and you could just rename/move the activex ones.

Not advised and not good advice to give. So if you want to do that go ahead but don't tell others to uninstall something they need for IE and FF. If you want to do that go right ahead but don't give bad advise for others just because of your utorrent problems that's not helpful advise to give.

• 4 months later...

Archived