Seeding partially downloaded torrent

atsimas

Thank you for the good job.

So, I'm experiencing one peculiar and common problem to I believe all versions of utorrent.

I downloaded a batch of files, using a magnet link. I'm refering to that because I can no longer find the link and reinitiate the torrent as that would be the solution.

Not only that, but since its a video series file, I cropped it to what I consider to be the best version of contents. In short, I partially downloaded it. Fine up to here.

I also have a HD capacity problem. I don't have any of that. Capacity that is.

So, I deleted some stuff. While the torrent was still active.Regretfully I emptied the recycled bin. Permanently.

I've marked the files skipped in the attributes  (priority menu)

So that (for Utorrent) they should not normally been "seen".

And here's the problem. It "sees" them thus identifying the torrent-file as bad.

Tried "force recheck". Just stops at some point.

I'd really appreciate if you'd help me reach at least ratio 1.0 with this torrent.

And make the solution Sticky

• 2 weeks later...

Q. Thank you for the good job.

So, I'm experiencing one peculiar and common problem to I believe all versions of utorrent.

I downloaded a batch of files, using a magnet link. I'm refering to that because I can no longer find the link and reinitiate the torrent as that would be the solution.

A. When you use a magnet link uTorrent saves a filename.torrent meta file that is for the same torrent. Find the meta file the location will be where torrent meta files are stored, look at uTorrent settings for Directories. Remove the torrent from uTorrent drop .torrent meta file to uTorrent and then force recheck all should start to work again. Note that if have two filename.torrent need to use the correct one trial and error.

Q. Not only that, but since its a video series file, I cropped it to what I consider to be the best version of contents. In short, I partially downloaded it. Fine up to here.

A. See if you can select the files/folders you what to skip and those you require download while adding a .torrent, magnet or other. This would save bandwidth and drive space with not starting pieces of the torrent that you don't require.

Archived