DHT causing disconnects/problems while other clients aren't? Post here

Firon

Please post here if µTorrent's DHT gives you problems, especially if BitComet's (and to a lesser extent Azureus') doesn't. Also, if µT 1.5 gives no DHT issues while the betas do.

Please use beta 463. Go to the Logger tab, right click -> Dump DHT Buckets, and paste the last two lines here (Ctrl C DOES work on the Logger tab).

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I got DHT problems with utorrent. "DHT 0 nodes (Login)" is all I get in the status window; and I get a message saying the tracker is offline.

Funny thing is, utorrent downloaded 50% of the same torrent before timing out on DHT. The other funny thing is, BitComet doesn't have any problems with this torrent- I get DHT connect and the tracker, is alive and well.

What's the d-d-d-dillio, dillio, what's the d-d-d-deal, deal...YO?

Sorry, I'll read the instructions more carefully the next time. Ok, so now I'm using Beta 463, and here are the last two lines from the DHT Bucket dump...

[21:12:25] Recieved: 0 requests (0 bytes), 0 replies (0 bytes), 0 invalid (0 bytes)

[21:12:25] Sent: 3 requests (174 bytes), 0 replies (0 bytes)

Also, yes have port forwarded for utorrent, for UDP and TCP.

I have been using utorrent for a while now; never any problems till just a few days ago. Thanks.

i came here just to see if it might be uTorrent 1.5 DHT that has been causing my connection issues, but really was quite surprised to see this topic. i probably cannot confirm it myself (knowledge barrier) but had been having a lot of diconnects that seemed to stop happening when i disabled DHT. almost as soon as i re-enable it a disconnect would occur and leaving it enabled the disconnects will occur as often as twice an hour. i did notice though that clicking links on web pages also seemed closely timed to disconnects so was unsure. i also did not have UDP forwarded, but just did that to see if it changes the behavior (thanks for mentioning it), if you are interested. i am not going to use the Beta client unless you really really want me too, 8) .

using winXP2 700Mgh Celeron DSL 6000/768 on 2wire modem/router

[edit:] cant seem to copy the log file ? wait i got it :

[23:09:15] Recieved: 78864 requests (8520205 bytes), 10764 replies (3132930 bytes), 1337 invalid (253458 bytes)

[23:09:15] Sent: 28316 requests (2751239 bytes), 78864 replies (22232692 bytes)

this is after i forwarded UDP.

Hi, Ultima:

No haven't tried to go back to v1.4 or 1.3. Don't have them anymore, and can't find them on the d/l page. But I do believe that I never got a DHT connection with utorrent. The reason I'm saying this is because I remember scouting this forum for DHT issues and, after reading that DHT wasn't necessary for downloads, stopped worrying about it. The issue became significant for me only recently, and only when I started timing out on trackers that I knew were alive. Would love to see some resolution to this as I'm back to using BitComet again, and that just makes me feel a little skeeved out after having using utorrent for so long. It's like going back to sleeping with Brittany Spears after spending a night with Billie Piper, or Kate Moss, or Keira Nightly, or Scarlett Johansson, or Kate Beckinsale...I gotta go!

• 3 months later...

This might be an obvious answer, but I have been having this problem (just noticed it *and* just switched from Azureus to UTorrent to save memory) and I just now unchecked "Enable DHT" (also unchecked "Enable for New..."), applied it, checked that DHT was disabled, Rechecked the boxes, and DHT logged in immediately. Up to 220 nodes now. Not sure if its a real solution, or how long it'll last. Also feel free to delete this post if I'm throwing out stupid info. But FYI deleting my DHT.dat and Dht.dat.old files also worked (briefly), but it also made my Utorrent have to recheck every torrent I have running, which is around 50, and that took an absurd amount of time.

Wanted to update that this doesn't work every time, and in fact stopped working after the first time. However, for some (probably unrelated) reason I am now showing 200+ nodes again, after being stuck at the Login for a long time.

• 7 months later...

Archived