"Failure: unregistered torrent"

Progz

uTorrent always seems to give me this error when trying to seed a .torrent Ive made. I made them with utorrent and MakeTorrent and it still does it. Ive downloaded the new beta version and still does it. Whats the problem here and how can I fix it?

You're not doing something correctly then. That is a tracker error, and not a problem in µTorrent itself. The torrent maker works fine for other people, so that can't be the issue either. I'd almost be willing to bet that you'll get the same problem if you use any other client.

By the way, there's no need to quote the post directly above yours.

you didn't upload the torrent to the tracker. it's not a matter of simply putting the URL there.

and for private trackers, you often need to re-download the torrent after uploading it

I did do that .... If you guys want me to make a video on it i would be happy to. I been dealing with bittorrent since when suprnova was up.

edit: Im gonna make a video and you guys can tell me what Im doing wrong then :).

Edit: Ok heres what happens when Im uploading to a private tracker. www.sharetheinternet.net/btvideos/private_tracker.avi

and this is what happens on a public tracker (Actually its not saying "Failure: unregistered torrent" its saying something else which still makes no sense to me. So please help me! :)

www.sharetheinternet.net/btvideos/public_tracker.avi

I hope you realize the tracker status field is a message sent by the tracker, not something generated from µTorrent. So if you're getting those messages, you didn't do something correct according to the tracker's procedures.

As for BitComet, I don't know. Do you have DHT enabled on it? Do you have a video for it also?

And don't bump threads. We'll reply when we get back, just edit your previous post.

Uploading to mininova doesn't mean you uploaded to TPB. I hope you realize the tracker status field is a message sent by the tracker, not something generated from µTorrent. So if you're getting those messages, you didn't do something correct according to the tracker's procedures.

As for BitComet, I don't know. Do you have DHT enabled on it? Do you have a video for it also?

And don't bump threads. We'll reply when we get back, just edit your previous post.

Anyways I don't know how much you want me to prove right there it shows that there is problems. I mean I even did it the same way with BitComet and it works for the private one Im not sure about the public one. I guess I'll just stay with bitcomet. Also my friend said he can't also seed with the torrents he made with utorrent. (http://tha-network.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1244) check there thats where he says so.

The errors are clearly tracker errors, not µTorrent errors. I've successfully made torrents, other people have successfully made torrents, all of which work. Also, PRQ's always down, so why would it be a surprise that it's not working right now? (I get a "connection closed by peer" here as the error for PRQ, BTW) As for the private tracker, I don't know if you missed any procedures.

I'm not trying to disprove anything you said, and yes, we need more information. Otherwise, how are we supposed to help you? And um, that forum link requires registration.

By the way, there's no need to quote the post directly above yours.

hmmm... videos dont work :P, and anyway, ultima is right, those answers are from the tracker, not utorrent, so nothing wrong with utorrent

edit: oh, and that link to your friends post? need to be registered, so meh :P

edit2: ok too slow on posting, bad bad me :P

Archived