way to skip check and download again

burnerx

With fast connection utorrent is extremely buggy and unstabile. Beause constant crashes you usual use more time to recheck that download data. Many cases it is faster just detele torrent and add it again to list. Anyhow if you just add 20 torrent and it crash it is quite painly to add them again. So that why it would be very usefull feature to just tell to client that dont recheck, just download all again. 

Looks that new version can manage 500Mbps connection quite well but still with 1-10Gbps connection you get lot of problems. 

1. Delete the downloaded files before adding the torrent again.  If the files aren't there, it won't recheck and will just start downloading.

2. If your connection is that fast, limit the number of active downloads.  You can get away with downloading one or two at a time.  The others will be queued and will begin downloading when an active one completes.

Burnerx is basically saying that he would like Utorrent to IGNORE rechecking.  That is not a bad option to consider, because I seed about 3000 torrents, and when I have a crash, it takes at least 3 days to recheck them all.  They are all fine, so it would be nice to skip the re-check.  

Brandy suggest skipping the recheck by deleting all your files and forcing all of them to be downloaded again - which avoids a re-check.  That is kind of like amputating an arm when you cut your finger.  

I found a way to fix the problem when the entire database gets messed up.  Simply shut down utorrent, rename the "resume.dat" file to "resume.junk" and then rename (or copy) the file resume.dat.old as resume.dat.  

When there are catastropic database errors, I wish that utorrent would offer the option to replace the resume.dat file with the resume.dat.old file because almost nobody would know how to do that manually.  That file is somewhat hidden in the c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\utorrent directory.  

Archived