uTorrent 3.x loses its window size and position over program restart!

synner

Hello, guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post my problem. If so, please let the moderators move the topic.

I also didn't find a similar topic, that's why I'm making a new one.

So to the point:

Since my last windows reinstall I've installed uTorrent 3.0. Ever since I've been upgrading by replacing the old exe with the new one.

Currently I'm running:

uTorrent 3.1 build 26650 (32-bit) on Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

So on a regular basis I close uTorrent and shut down the notebook. The following day I start my PC and start uTorrent. Occasionally uTorrent starts with its default size and position on the screen and not with the size and position I shut it down the previous night! As far as I can tell, it happens randomly, but not quite often.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Regards!

• 4 weeks later...

I notice that when I start uTorrent from the pinned shortcut on the taskbar, it spawns a child process with these switches. The child terminates and the parent appears on screen. Sometimes it ends up with the default size/position and not the ones from the previous session. Maybe that is the reason? How do I avoid spawning of the child process.

25j8v3c.png

(image is clickable)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem after updating from 2.x.x to 3.1.2 (build 26773)

With all the problems I`m having with this version, (messed up colors everywhere,

error message about remote when I`m NOT using it, and this..), it should have

been a BETA... :( Hope there is a new version coming soon...

• 1 month later...

I've also been having this problem for many months now, and it is indeed annoying.

I'm always having to resize the window size and position endlessly so I can do simple things such as view my torrent list, or view the informational tabs in the bottom pane.

Given the fact that this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time now, I gather it's safe to assume developer apathy on the issue?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And this makes it different to just about every other Windows application because?

Most, if not all Windows applications only save the window state on a close event that is triggered internally.

No reason to not save the whole state/position upon a close event. Like outlook does and many other apps...

And this makes it different to just about every other Windows application because?

Most, if not all Windows applications only save the window state on a close event that is triggered internally.

So you're saying Adobe [Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat], Mozilla Thunderbird, Google Chrome, Opera, X-Chat, Total Commander, Steam, Psi+, Windows Live Messenger, Janetter, TweetDeck, X-Lite, Transmission Remote, Curse Client, ShareX, Foobar2000, WinAMP, AiMP and the likes aren't Windows applications?

• 2 months later...

Archived