download/upload stops when adding torrent. works after ut restart

truglx

Hey,

Here's the issue:

Sometimes (not always), when adding a new torrent for download, it starts with a few KB/s and then the speed drops to about 0.4KB/ on the new torrent and also to other downloading torrents if they were downloading. Then downloading speed disappears (no download), then it gets back to 0.3-0.4KB/s download speed.

No problem with router/firewall, security etc (tried disabling, rebooting router, etc)

IF I close utorrent with right click-EXIT, it disappears from tray but it remains in taskmanager using 9-10% of processor for a couple of minutes until I get bored and forcefully close it.

After restarting Utorrent, the torrents blossom at 10 MB/s like they are supposed to.

The big dissapointment here is not that I have to restart utorrent, but that the downloading torrents get checked at utorrent start because I forcefully closed it (and this takes time).

So please, let me know if you need more info/logs

thx!

p.s. Windows 8, x64, utorrent 3.3 build 29544 [32bit]

for a couple of minutes until I get bored and forcefully close it.

Just damn well let it close PROPERLY! Then THIS ....

but that the downloading torrents get checked at utorrent start because I forcefully closed it (and this takes time).

Will NOT happen!!!

utorrent 3.3 build 29544 [32bit]
Not current.

Thx for the quick answer ciaobaby

I waited more than 7 minutes on one ocasion so waiting is not a solution. I am waiting less for it to check the damn files, so I will keep killing it if it will not download.

I installed the new version now by downloading from site. I have previously checked for a new version from the application, but don't know why but the "HELP - Check for Update" option in ut was not functioning (msg: no new version available)

Will come back if the issue happens with the new version :B

but don't know why but the "HELP - Check for Update" option in ut was not functioning (msg: no new version available)
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=713538#p713538
I am waiting less for it to check the damn files, so I will keep killing it if it will not download.
And one day it will dump your joblist because it was not able to save the .dat files cleanly.

Well, it happened again, now with the new version

Any more information I can give you so we can sort this?

btw ciaobaby, I waited 10 minutes with the new version and it would still not close. "who waaants to live foreveeeer? who waits forever anyway...?!?" :D

I waited 10 minutes with the new version and it would still not close.

Then run less jobs, because the more jobs there are running ... the longer it takes to shut down cleanly. AND if you ARE running more than 20 - 25 jobs uT v3 gets increasingly flakely.

OR run multiple encasulated installs, each with only a few jobs.

mate, sorry, but you don't understand the real issue here and I think it is because I was not sharp crystal clear. Utorrent closes normally if the issue with "torrent not downloading" is not happening. (takes only a couple of seconds to close). Only when the downloading problem shows up and the torrent (most often is only one torrent that is downloading) is stuck at 0.4KB/s, then and only then when I close utorrent it hangs in memory and using mein processor without a license. If no torrent downloading or torrent downloading as it is supposed to, everything is smooth.

Btw, I realized now that utorrent is configured in EMET and now I disabled all the mitigation techniques there for it. If utorrent is not going to go haywire, I will try to disable each mitigation one by one and let you guys know which one is to blame. IF emet is causing this of course...

Btw, I realized now that utorrent is configured in EMET

WHY???? Another M$ kludge disguised as "security"! The only thing that was good for was making applications run slower and 'fall over' more often than they would normally.

What size is the cache set to?

I run two instances on one machine, one has 15 jobs loaded with (5 downloading) and with close in 8 -10 seconds, the other has 10 jobs with 7 downloads and close in 15 - 18 seconds and have zero problems with memory hogging, or disk overloading. To combat aqll these "problems" you simply need to know HOW to set it up.

And no, I'm not running multiple i7 CPUs or SATA III drives etc.

I don't know what to say ciaobaby :) I allready told you that the issue with memmory hogging and processor usage is happening ONLY and ONLY when I notice my downloading torrent experience the dashing 0.4KB/s speed!

Rest of the time, when Utorrent is functioning normally, the time to close Utorrent is <10seconds! It has no bussiness with cache size.

It seems this is turning into a forum show in which someone, I will not say who, tries to be the smarter than the average bear.

I am not in the habbit of posting on forums, I just logged in with a bugmenot account hoping that someone can help me with this issue I cound not find a solution for.

But this discussion turned into something else.

btw, Yogi, beeing proactive about exploits is not bad and in all my years of experience since emet appeared, here or at work, and at home, I haven't found any performance issues with the applications. Emet, by it's nature, does not impact performance (noticable impact).

I will not reply if not related to my issue: downloading torrent stops downloading and there is no way to make it start but to forcefully close utorrent and reopen it.

I'm experiencing the same exact problem, similar to http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=136626

but I never get "Disk Overloaded" or any kind of error and I have 32GB of ram so I should be able to fit any entire torrent in my RAM if it's having trouble caching anyway.

This has been an on-going issue for me over several versions for the past few months and has caused me much grief.

I would have replaced uTorrent with a different client by now but I have a lot of torrents loaded in there with inconsistent pathing and organized with tags, so it would be a lot of work to port.

When I download a large torrent (over 2GB or so) the torrent *pretends* to download, up to 1-5% (depending on the overall filesize) then the download rate drops to ~0.1kbps where it stays until the process is closed through task manager and restarted, after which it will download normally.

I do not get this issue with smaller files and as is the case with truglx uTorrent behaves normally and closes in a timely manner when I am not trying to initialize the download of a large file.

Edit: also not related to hibernation as is the case with other people

I have 32GB of ram so I should be able to fit any entire torrent in my RAM if it's having trouble caching anyway.

No you can't, uTorrent is a 32bit application so 2GB is the absolute maximum amount of memory it can reference. HOWEVER it WILL have started having problems long before it gets anywhere near that size of cache.

Forgot about that

I hope a solution gets proposed soon, I can't give any more context than what has already been provided by myself and many others unless someone can ask for specifics that will help narrow down the cause.

Using version 3.3.1 build 30017

Like I said it has spanned several versions, was introduced a few months ago (can't remember exactly when) after an update without any other changes on my behalf.

• 4 weeks later...

Last updated 06/2006 :rolleyes:

I am having a very similar problem as the two other posters in this thread and I don't think that being overbearing is particularly helpful. :P

First of all, the problem appears to be completely random. I dbl-click the icon in the task tray to add a magnet link and either my files are all seeding, in which case all is rosy in the garden or nothing is seeding and the Down/Up Speed columns are blank.

I'm now so used to this problem that the solution, although a little drastic, is the same every time and, importantly, works every time. I use the Task Manager to stop µtorrent, wait a couple of seconds for it to disappear from the list of running tasks, then restart µtorrent. Within about 10 seconds all my previously silent files are seeding happily and the new download just added starts dl'ing at anything up to 905 kB/s. My comp doesn't have any connection problems and I'm running 3.3.1.

I'd like to think somebody who has experienced the same problem might propose their solution, but my main reason for posting is just to add my voice to those already reporting this problem.

It isn't the end of the world, but it's just a bit of a pain, that's all. It'd be nice to be able to add a file and know it'll start download right away, rather than being obliged to open µtorrent to see if the thing is actually doing anything or has gone to sleep.

Archived