problem with yellow triangle

digdeep

If it turns green at all it means you don't have a problem. With it turning green it means you have incoming connections "I" flag under Flags on Peers tab. If you don't actively have incoming connections it won't stay green afaik. Is this impacting your download speeds at all? Have you tried any of the OOO torrents here to see if that keeps a green icon in the status bar.

If the icon stays yellow and not red, you are telling everyone else you are connecting to them. Green means they can connect to you. This is proved you are setup correctly/OK since the OOo torrent shows green when running, correct?

Not all peers are connectable themselves (they are firewalled/yellow/red) which means they can only make outbound connections.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem about the yellow triangle then after a minute it changes to red.

I don't have any third party firewall installed only the Windows built in firewall. I only encounter this problem with i used the 1.7.5 version of utorrent. But when i used the 1.6.1 version my status icon are fine DL and UP speed. I just don't get it why the latest doesn't do the same as the old version is.

Which modem/router do you have? Ports forwarded properly (Ctrl+G)? Does the icon go green with 1.7.5 and the OpenOffice torrents mentioned above?

Try backing up your settings, uninstall uTorrent, make sure the Windows Firewall has no mention of it in the exceptions, then reinstall 1.7.5 (or 1.8 alpha) and check.

Are you sure you don't have any other firewall installed?

If the network status icon is green with 1.6.x and yellow/red with 1.7.5, it probably implies that a firewall is blocking on the basis of version. Firewalls often include some info. to identify a specific .EXE and simply replacing it with another is likely to get the new version blocked. If you use only the Windows firewall, this shouldn't be a problem though...

Have you tried temporarily disabling the firewall and checking?

Archived