Incorrect percentage

Pippo

Just for the simplicity of the explanation - assume we're talking about a torrent file containing the complete first season of *CONTENT* (22 episodes, each episode is 400MB).

Now, I started downloading the complete season into C:\Temp, when I decided I don't need the whole season, but rather only episodes 5 and 17... When I decided it, uTorrent has already completed downloading a total of 157MB, which is about 1.7% of the complete season - (157*100)/(400*22).

Then I removed the torrent (right click the torrent on the list, "remove") from the list, and double-clicked it again. On the window I selected to download only the desired episodes and uTorrent started downloading then, only after "checking" the status of the download and recognizing the 157MB which were already there...

The problem is uTorrent recognized the 157MB which were part of **THE COMPLETE SEASON** and not from the specified 2 files I chose, causing it to report a total of a 19.6% complete..

Hope I was clear enough.

Anyway, You guys are doing a great job. Keep going!

If the Files are Skipped, and the non-skipped files include 157 MiB of good data there is no problem. Remember Ultima the selected size was only recently added to the main pane.

In any case, update the report on this after re-checking the in-dev 1.8 build please :) I regularly download complete seasons of anonymous 400 MiB content without noticing any odd statistics glitches... that is when my internet doesn't die on me.

If the Files are Skipped, and the non-skipped files include 157 MiB of good data there is no problem.
The problem is uTorrent recognized the 157MB which were part of **THE COMPLETE SEASON** and not from the specified 2 files I chose

And that's exactly where the problem lies. The 157MB was part of the torrent contents, but NOT part of the 2 files he actually wanted to download.

When I close utorrent and when Windows restarts for any reason or crashes, I find that utorrent loses very large chunks of data (hundreds of magabytes) and starts "Cheking" and then displays lower download percentages.

Why does this happen and how could I prevent it?

I run Windows Vista on AMD Athlon X2.

I have tried to change the number of Global Connections etc, but without success.

uhm... That wouldn't have anything to do with connections.. unless connections cause you to crash. The data handling can be customized to a degree under Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> Disk Cache

If you want data dumped immediately, tick "write finished pieces automatically"... and reduce your cache size so uT empties it more often. The rest of the options are in the µManual.

Archived