uTorrent showing every single tracker as offline.

Chaoslava

Hey, i've been downloading and seeding torrents for a few years now, firts with Azurues, then Bitcomet, and i've been using uTorrent for over a year..

This is the first major problem i've had with it.

Every single torrent (and I mean every single torrent) cannot find me the trackers...

I can still pick up a limited number of seeds and peers per torrent but.. it means I can only download at like 20% speed..

It happened a few days ago, and every torrent now has a red arrow next to it (it used to be blue)..

The DHT, Local Peer discovery and peer exchange are working, but every single tracker is listed as offline (timed out).

I've googled my problem and the only answer people can come up with is that the tracker is actually offline. I've tried about 18 different torrents now and every single track is offline (the two torrents i'm downloading from now are listing 9 trackers each, and they're all offline)

Ok, so.

I'm on XP SP3.

TCPIP.sys is patched

ports are open (I don't have a router or hardware firewall so no need to port forward)

i've just re-added it to the exception list in my firewall, and no dice.

Someone please please help...

Thanks.

I just set it back to 8, and they're still all offline :(

EDIT: When I set it back to 8, my speed died to about 90kbs, when I set it back to 50 it's now around 300,, so that can't be the problem..

EDIT 2: It's working :D

I put the thingy back up to 50, I haven't changed anything since and now it's all fine. I can seed again! My ratio was going to hell when it was broken..

You may have your settings too high for your line...that would cause peer/seed connections to disconnect, "forcing" you to use a high half open connection limit to maintain decent numbers.

Check the suggested settings in the 2nd link of my signature. Note: they're based on your max UPLOAD!

If you're still on uTorrent v1.8 you WILL continue to have this problem, just maybe not all the time.

Archived