Solved the slow speed problem

blitzencyncro

i just solved the slow speed problems people may have been experiencing from newer versions of utorrent. it occured to me that this hasnt been a problem until the bandwith Overhead was integrated into the newer versions of Utorrent. what i did was go to Preferences/Advanced/ and change this line. net.calc_overhead= false ..it is set to true by default but changing it to false made the speeds go back to the way they were with older versions. i'm using v2.0.1 and works fine for me... try it out and see for yourself. :D

and this is not using low upload caps either. :P

Glad to help! i couldnt ever get anywhere with all those tweaks and disposition settings, etc. they dont do any good as far as getting my speed back so i stumbled upon changing the net.calc_overhead to false and instantly my speeds went from 20kb/s to about 720kb/s (what im supposed to be getting) i hope the utorrent team fixes this bug w/ the overhead settings in the future builds. :)

im on XP and the net.calc_overhead was the only thing i changed.

glad i could help guys the slows speed frustrated me too im just glad to help out! :D

edit: bt.tcp_rate_control = true i did change this setting to false but it doesnt seem to make any difference when i set it back to true so im assuming its just the calc.overhead setting that needs changing because thats what has been working for most people. :P

Ok, I re-checked the version and it is 1.8.4, not 1.8.6, (my goof, my system is remote controlled), I did check the faqs, and various "howto's" I ran the setup and accepted all recommended parameters, I checked the parameters some have mentioned here, (and great if it worked for some, but it definitely does not solve the problem if others are still experiencing VERY poor throughput just by upgrading. Speeds near stopped when using 2.0.1 and above. I was getting less then 2kB/Sec, once I reverted back to 1.8.4 my speeds jumped back to 186KB/S. I am just suggesting that something else may be going on here that is being effected. Ill have more time this evening to play with some of the parameters even more, I do not exclude some setting on my equipment that might be effecting the new features of 2.0+ uTorrent has always been a pretty rock stable platform. ;)

I just got windows 7 and downloaded utorrent again. I went to the site and got the latest version and its slow like the other guy complain. i tried the advanced setting but mine is already on false so it makes no difference to me. Then i deleted it, restarted computer and ttied version 1.8.4 but same problem. I deleted that and installed 1.8 but still slow.

When i downloaded the latest version i was trying to download entourage season 5 and it was 2kb/s to 150 kb/s but when i downloaded ko-s album it went over 700kb/s.

Some one please help. Post a reply and i will do what you need to help me. Thanks

Thanks for the direction many gave here, after messing with various settings (after reading a couple dozen pages of misdirection and good intentions) the only setting that restores my speeds was by setting bt.tcp_rate_control: to false. Please excuse my comments if they seem out of line, my system is remoted and all updates for uTorrent are automatic, so if something changes between versions, and it is not accounted for automatically, things get messed up. My suggestion, and its only a suggestion, when providing an updated version that alters the way the program work that could effect users, make the parameter changes manual, not hidden behind the scenes. A lot of the trouble seen in the migration from pre 2.0 versions would not have happened. Good work guys, great software, and great guys here on the forum.. (I will read more in the future.... )

Archived